Hyde's interception

bcl20

I know this isn't the best bowl that there is but Hyde's interception gave us the lead in the 4th quarter of a bowl game against a 10 win 12 ranked team. Where does that rank in terms of top moments in Iowa history because that was pretty exciting.

Don't know about it in terms of Iowa bowl game history but it won this game. They were dead in the water. Was an idiotic pass but the run back was amazing. Granted, it was the Insight bowl but it is up there.

Hyde definitely bailed out KF, Stanzi and company...things weren't looking good in the 4th qtr. OL did an awesome jobe for Coker tonite, he had big holes and took advantage!

Yes, it was the Insight Bowl. But I don't look so much at the title as I do at who we were playing. I mean the Champs Sports Bowl matched Wisky and Miami last year, a pair of top 15 teams. We beat the #12 team in the country, and had a couple great individual efforts in the process.

Cetainly the Tate to Holloway sets the bar as far as excitement.

Wegher's TD run in my opinion was the biggest individual play because it won their biggest bowl game in 50 years.

Kaeding's FG against Tech, Shaw's run against Tech, both in Alamo Bowls are up there, although Shaw's was in a blowout.

Houghtlin's kick in the Holiday Bowl was awesome too.

CJ's kick return against USC deserves mention even in a loss. Was in a Hawkeye bar in Minneapolis. I thought the roof was coming off after that.

Hyde's runback is the closest thing to a defensive equivalent of Holloway's catch.
But it was perhaps the most outstanding individual play in Iowa bowl history.

The run back was like replica of sash pitch return...the guy has some vision in open field. Maybe we need to try him out at KR next year. I have no idea who's going to be opposite Keenan next year. I say give a Hyde a shot.

I love it, I love it, I love it. Great play! He made up for every bad play he made earlier this year

Hmm. . .

Hard to estimate. Tate-Holloway has got to be #1. 38-18 Iowa vs. Washington was big for the whole Hawkeye team. . . Gotta say #3 in bowl games, in the modern era at least.

Latest posts