Hy-Vee Heroes Game preview show on BTN

thetrza

Wow, really exciting preview show scheduled to run for half an hour, totally dedicated to the Hy-Vee Heroes Game tomorrow. I will watch and keep you guys informed.

First football analyst says that Iowa had success in the passing game with the tight ends up until the past two weeks.

He suggests going to some quick hitters in the passing game, and picking up the blitz better.

Excerpts of Mike Riley press conference, he describes how a season "unfolds"

Nebraska is trying to avoid something like their worst season in forty years.

Someone describes the Huskers defense as "struggling".

Chuck Long suggests that Iowa and Nebrasks need to recruit better to keep pace with Wisconsin if they want to win the division.

Another guest analyst claims Nebraska needs to develop their players better to catch up with Wisconsin.

Ferentz and Riley press conference excerpts. Ferentz says both teams will play to win or something like that. Then he says the bowl game will be important.

Riley claims the key is to play physical and be ready.

Bob Diaco will look at the blitzes that have bothered Iowa over the past two weeks

Nebraska hasn't run the ball well all year, they will likely pass the ball to win.

Iowa will be a bend but don't break defense this week, and Josh Jackson might move around to make plays.

Now they have a feature segment about a girl being rescued from drowning. I wish they could have had a better game to honor this guy.

I fully expect us to struggle covering their receivers tomorrow. They have 3 very talented receivers, Lee can throw, and we have a habit of making everyones qb look amazing with our no pressure defense. Add to that Taylor and Gervase playing, and a true freshman at corner for us. Jackson can't move around and cover all 3 guys like he did against Purdue. I'd throw every down, then blitz like hell against our offense. We won't adjust.

Did they say anything about us using a zone blocking scheme to try to establish the run to set up the pass? That would have been a brilliant observation.

The final segment had some Nebraska commentator and Chuck Long each make a final argument of what their team needs to do to win. the Nebraska guy said the Huskers would have to play hard and give a good effort for sixty minutes or something like that. Then Chuck Long said the Hawkeyes would need to get production from their running back Akrum Wadley, and their tight ends, as well as shut down the opponents blitzes.

I am so glad I sat through that BTN preview special I can't wait for the game tomorrow.

I did like when Riley was talking about the fuskers need to be tuff because Iowa will be hitting and hitting hard! Something like that. I think the fuskers finally figured out you can't play their sissy type of line play in the B1G. I hope we smash the crap out of them. Feel sorry for Riley. He gone.

The final segment had some Nebraska commentator and Chuck Long each make a final argument of what their team needs to do to win. the Nebraska guy said the Huskers would have to play hard and give a good effort for sixty minutes or something like that. Then Chuck Long said the Hawkeyes would need to get production from their running back Akrum Wadley, and their tight ends, as well as shut down the opponents blitzes.

I am so glad I sat through that BTN preview special I can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Did the Nebby guy say anything about the receivers from both teams trying to illegally kick the ball to another guy so that guy could, not only get a TD, but be on TV shows previewing games in the future...or did he tell HS kids to go play for a team like Nebraska so you will be the only person left alive and not in prison so they have to pick you to be on the preview show?

I was kinda excited to watch that preview, afterward I thought, meh. Like listening to a KF presser. Many words going absolutely nowhere and meaning nothing.

Thank you. I feel prepared to cover this game now.

Rob - you really going to cover it live or just watch from the cozy confines of the couch? I wouldn't blame you if you do the latter and, considering whose involved and the meaningful(less)ness of the game, it would be a pretty easy write-up to just make a few comments about the nice weather and use some old notes to fill in the rest.

Me, I've got the dvr set and will decide if will watch, later (W=yes, L=DELETE). Gonna watch directional Floridas for some entertaining football.

Latest posts