Huskers DT Curry to transfer

so Neb had 6 returning starters on D, one was Curry. They lost 3 starters last week, including Rose at LB and 2 DBs (one injury, one suspension). Article says Curry had been passed on depth chart though, but he was still in the rotation and much needed depth.

Neb lost 30 letterwinners from last season including 15 on Defense according to Steele.

For comparison, Iowa lost 16 LWs (8 on D). Wisky 25 LWs, NW 14, MN 16, PU 24, MSU 21, OSU 18, PSU 18, UM 21, Mary 18, RU 21.

Nebraska has lost alot of depth...

But... but.... but.... Hawkeye fans are just jealous that Nebby got Coach K. He's an outstanding coach who left Iowa for a "more recognizable" program.

so Neb had 6 returning starters on D, one was Curry. They lost 3 starters last week, including Rose at LB and 2 DBs (one injury, one suspension). Article says Curry had been passed on depth chart though, but he was still in the rotation and much needed depth.

Neb lost 30 letterwinners from last season including 15 on Defense according to Steele.

For comparison, Iowa lost 16 LWs (8 on D). Wisky 25 LWs, NW 14, MN 16, PU 24, MSU 21, OSU 18, PSU 18, UM 21, Mary 18, RU 21.

Nebraska has lost alot of depth...

Wow, I knew WI lost a lot of seniors but did not realize NE lost 30. After their 3 injuries last week and Curry transferring how many returning starters do they have left on D?

Kaz Attack

posterlarge.gif

Just wait and see what this trainwreck looks like in November. So two returning starters on D? After what we did to them last year...see you soon nebtards, see you soon.

Wow, I knew WI lost a lot of seniors but did not realize NE lost 30. After their 3 injuries last week and Curry transferring how many returning starters do they have left on D?

I'm not sure that either of the DBs they lost last week started in 2013. I don't think they did, but I'll check. So I think they are down to 4 returning starters on D.

Rose and Curry are the only "returning starters" to be lost, so they are down to 4 returning starters on D.

The DBs, Jackson and Alexander, were new starters (projected) for the upcoming season. No matter how you slice it, losing 15 letterwinners on defense to graduation plus these 4 is a big blow.

After playing primarily on special teams the last two seasons, Jackson was the odds-on favorite to play the nickel spot this season. The Cornhuskers will likely need to rely on JUCO transfer Byerson Cockrell in that role now.
Alexander played in 13 games last year and was a likely starter at safety. He made 34 tackles in 2013. Meanwhile, Rose had 66 tackles last season, which set a school record for a freshman. Seventeen of those tackles came against Iowa. Josh Banderas should now get the nod in the middle.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Nebraska-loses-three-defenders-for-the-season.html

I think kazz and bo have a lot in common and that is great for our series with them.

Has nothing to do with coach K. The guy went from starting to being the 4th or 5th guy in a 5 man rotation. His body type/frame isn't exactly what is now wanted on our DL.

Hopefully he gets some PT at OU, if he is excepted there.

Has nothing to do with coach K. The guy went from starting to being the 4th or 5th guy in a 5 man rotation. His body type/frame isn't exactly what is now wanted on our DL.

Hey 74, was my recap of Neb loses on Defense accurate (pg 1)? That sounds like a ton of guys to replace, even just for depth. Thanks for any insight.

You say that now, but I think you will start to see a pattern emerge if coach K is around long enough. He may know what he's talking about, but he is not somebody most people enjoy being around.

Denial. You'll learn.

You say that now, but I think you will start to see a pattern emerge if coach K is around long enough. He may know what he's talking about, but he is not somebody most people enjoy being around.

This, as with Bo. This program will tank under Bo. Yeah yeah it hasnt yet but the day is coming. Regardless, we punish them again this year. We drag their players over the end zone, hanging on us like elementary school children.

Latest posts