HUSKER HATE...

I don't hate nebraska. In fact I don't think much about them at all really.

What annoys me the most is that their fan base still thinks they're a blue blood football school. They aren't and haven't been in over a decade. Nebraska was a top tier football program back in the day of the wishbone and triple option. Those days are long gone...but the fans expect to be compared to Ohio state and alabama.

I've gotten really frustrated a few times trying to explain this and reason with the husker fans I know but they just don't understand it or they are unable to comprehend it.

Like it or not nebraska...you're now on the level of teams like iowa and wisconsin. Youre not a blue blood. You will be good most of the time and you will be great occasionally, but you'll also be below average at times as well. Get used to it.

Nebraska fans WISHES they were as relevant as Wisconsin and Iowa have been lately. Wisky has been to 3 BCS bowl games since 2009. Iowa will have gone to 2 BCS bowl games (or better) since 2009 after this year. So that is 5 combined BCS bowl games for Iowa and Wisconsin in 7 years, and Nebraska hasn't been to any BCS bowl games over that time.

I had a Nebraska fan walk right up to me on Sunday and tell me they were going to ruin all our lives next Saturday and then walk off. They are not handling the Hawkeyes success well.

I would have asked him what are they going to do on SATURDAY? Hack into ESPN and erase all video of us winning on FRIDAY or knock down all the road signs in a effort to keep us in a HELL better known as Nebraska.

Nebraska:
Used to be relevant
Not relevant now
Play us once a year
Geographically close to Iowa

Don't care about them much. Definitely don't hate them - they haven't been important enough to hate since they've been an annual appointment.

A quote from a fusker fan who calls himself or herself Native.
" I think it's convenient that they don't seem
to be smart enough to know their just not
that good."

Latest posts