HUSKER HATE...

My fandom for the Iowa Hawkeyes developed back in 2011 when Nebraska joined the Big Ten. I’ve hated the Huskers and their fans for as long as I can remember.

I live in Omaha and absolutely loathe Husker fans. I’m now a Hawkeyes season ticket holder and have gone to 7 of 10 games thus far in 2015. This season with Iowa being 10-0 and Nebraska being 5-6, has been DELICIOUS.

This POST IS DEDICATED TO WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IF/WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER A HUSKER FAN…

Since the 2002 season – a span of 14 seasons, Iowa has accomplished the following:

2 11-Win Seasons – on the verge of 3
2 Big Ten Championships
2 Bowl Championship Series game appearances
1 Bowl Championship Series victory
.649 winning % (113-61)

Since the 2002 season, Nebraska has accomplished the following:

0 11-Win Seasons – on the verge of…nevermind
0 Conference Championships
0 Bowl Championship Series game appearances
0 Bowl Championship Series victories
.635 winning % (115-66)

Husker fans have always thought they could compete in the Big Ten. They’re finding it’s not as easy as their delusional fanbase thought. Any Big Ten team can beat anyone on any given Saturday.

Nebraska has made ONE Big Ten Championship game since they joined the conference in 2011 and got boatraced by 39 against a 7-5 and unranked Wisconsin team in 2012. Nebraska hasn’t won a conference championship game since 1999. They were 2-4 in conference championship games in the Big XII and were 1-9 against Texas before they tucked tail, took their ball and went “home†to the Big Ten.

Every pre-season, Husker fans and media predict they’ll be 12-0, 11-1 or maaaaaaybe 10-2. Regardless, they’ll DEFINITELY be in the Big Ten Championship game and with a win could be in the Playoffs. This is EVERY year. The disillusion emanates from the Nebraska Athletic Department who ALWAYS puts the Conference Championship game on their schedule posters.

I had the luxury of crossing out that game on my bosses’ schedule calendar in his office earlier this year.

One of their favorite things to rebut is 346 consecutive sellouts…most knowledgeable fans…nicest fans…blah blah blah.

The fact is…Iowa has soldout EXACTLY ONE game in a row and they’re 10-0. Nebraska’s sellout streak has EXACTLY ZERO impact on a game – EVER.

Iowa fans are intelligent enough to stay away if the product on the field stinks or isn’t entertaining. Nebraska fans would sellout the stadium if Mike Riley rolled out a wheelbarrow full of crap rather than players before the game. They support the program no matter what – and I get it – there are NO OTHER OPTIONS in Nebraska. Husker football is LIFE.

Husker fans have as many A-HOLE fans as any other fanbase. I’ve experienced this firsthand at several games I’ve been to since 2013. They leave games early after giving up on their team just like every other fanbase. The tailgating there sucks.

Husker fans go to argument is talking about how great they USED to be. The fact is that those trophies in the West Stadium in Lincoln are getting PRETTY DUSTY. They’re 29-13-3 all-time against Iowa. None of that crap they accomplished last century with thugs, women abusers, their gun-hiding, law enforcement interfering coach Tom Osborne, or in a crap conference with one tough game per season matters.

http://www.si.com/vault/1995/09/25/...y-in-the-man-who-runs-the-program-tom-Osborne

It’s THIS YEAR. Recent history. Iowa is making it. Period.

GO HAWKS!

Please give me more reasons to hate the Huskers in this thread...

Huskers did win the west division once, or as it was then Legends or something. Only to get blown out in the big game.

Few people realize that Nebraska would not be admitted to the B1G today. When Nebraska entered the conference the Huskers were a member of the AAU. Because of academic issues concerning the med school & other reasons, Nebbie dropped out of the AAU before being forced out. Other than Notre Dame, the B1G will not accept a school that is not in the AAU.

My fandom for the Iowa Hawkeyes developed back in 2011 when Nebraska joined the Big Ten. I’ve hated the Huskers and their fans for as long as I can remember.

I live in Omaha and absolutely loathe Husker fans. I’m now a Hawkeyes season ticket holder and have gone to 7 of 10 games thus far in 2015. This season with Iowa being 10-0 and Nebraska being 5-6, has been DELICIOUS.

This POST IS DEDICATED TO WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IF/WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER A HUSKER FAN…

Since the 2002 season – a span of 14 seasons, Iowa has accomplished the following:

2 11-Win Seasons – on the verge of 3
2 Big Ten Championships
2 Bowl Championship Series game appearances
1 Bowl Championship Series victory
.649 winning % (113-61)

Since the 2002 season, Nebraska has accomplished the following:

0 11-Win Seasons – on the verge of…nevermind
0 Conference Championships
0 Bowl Championship Series game appearances
0 Bowl Championship Series victories
.635 winning % (115-66)

Husker fans have always thought they could compete in the Big Ten. They’re finding it’s not as easy as their delusional fanbase thought. Any Big Ten team can beat anyone on any given Saturday.

Nebraska has made ONE Big Ten Championship game since they joined the conference in 2011 and got boatraced by 39 against a 7-5 and unranked Wisconsin team in 2012. Nebraska hasn’t won a conference championship game since 1999. They were 2-4 in conference championship games in the Big XII and were 1-9 against Texas before they tucked tail, took their ball and went “home†to the Big Ten.

Every pre-season, Husker fans and media predict they’ll be 12-0, 11-1 or maaaaaaybe 10-2. Regardless, they’ll DEFINITELY be in the Big Ten Championship game and with a win could be in the Playoffs. This is EVERY year. The disillusion emanates from the Nebraska Athletic Department who ALWAYS puts the Conference Championship game on their schedule posters.

I had the luxury of crossing out that game on my bosses’ schedule calendar in his office earlier this year.

One of their favorite things to rebut is 346 consecutive sellouts…most knowledgeable fans…nicest fans…blah blah blah.

The fact is…Iowa has soldout EXACTLY ONE game in a row and they’re 10-0. Nebraska’s sellout streak has EXACTLY ZERO impact on a game – EVER.

Iowa fans are intelligent enough to stay away if the product on the field stinks or isn’t entertaining. Nebraska fans would sellout the stadium if Mike Riley rolled out a wheelbarrow full of crap rather than players before the game. They support the program no matter what – and I get it – there are NO OTHER OPTIONS in Nebraska. Husker football is LIFE.

Husker fans have as many A-HOLE fans as any other fanbase. I’ve experienced this firsthand at several games I’ve been to since 2013. They leave games early after giving up on their team just like every other fanbase. The tailgating there sucks.

Husker fans go to argument is talking about how great they USED to be. The fact is that those trophies in the West Stadium in Lincoln are getting PRETTY DUSTY. They’re 29-13-3 all-time against Iowa. None of that crap they accomplished last century with thugs, women abusers, their gun-hiding, law enforcement interfering coach Tom Osborne, or in a crap conference with one tough game per season matters.

http://www.si.com/vault/1995/09/25/...y-in-the-man-who-runs-the-program-tom-Osborne

It’s THIS YEAR. Recent history. Iowa is making it. Period.

GO HAWKS!

Please give me more reasons to hate the Huskers in this thread...

^^^^^^ pretty well done. Like!

Some people hate Wisky
or the Clowns
or Minny
or Illinois
or fill-in-the-blank

All worthy of rivalry emotions.

But I hate Nebraska and Ohio State the most. Primarily because one cheats and one stole our mantle in the early 60s. I really want to beat BOTH of them this year. And we'll get the chance IMO.

Fusker fans got their chest all puffed out because they beat Michigan State. You didn't beat them. Another underhanded deal by the fuskers!

Little red is so confident they will not only beat us but crush us. They are in for a big surprise.

Check out 1620 The Zone online streaming this week - the hate is strong for Iowa this week. I'll have 12 straight days of this leading up to driving down to Lincoln.

But, but, but didn't Husker fan tell us we aren't their rivals? LOLOL...it is a rivalry and we are going to celebrate an undefeated season on their field. Hopefully Herky plants a Hawk flag at midfield after we kick their azz.

But, but, but didn't Husker fan tell us we aren't their rivals? LOLOL...it is a rivalry and we are going to celebrate an undefeated season on their field. Hopefully Herky plants a Hawk flag at midfield after we kick their azz.
That's cheap , I would ask for a bowl of hot corn soup.
th

I had a Nebraska fan walk right up to me on Sunday and tell me they were going to ruin all our lives next Saturday and then walk off. They are not handling the Hawkeyes success well.

Social media is getting laughable as their talking heads and delusional fanbase are only talking about how Iowa didn't have 70k people in Kinnick yesterday. Little did they realize that highways and parts of interstates were shut down. Of course their writers at the Omaha World Herald don't help.

The OWH Facebook page is getting entertaining as well:
https://www.facebook.com/bigredtoda...ment_id=10153827620046979&notif_t=photo_reply

https://www.facebook.com/WorldHeral...ment_id=10153801497504630&notif_t=share_reply

I have never had any issues with Huskers fans, and I have family in Lincoln. They have always been friendly towards me. When we won there 2 years ago, a couple of their fans approached me and chatted with me briefly. They were nice guys and said nice things about the Hawks. The only fan bases in the Big 10 I hate are Wisky & OSU. They are the WORST!

We could lose that game. I hope we win but it wouldn't "ruin my life" if we lost. We are having a great season and I am having a great time.

I don't hate nebraska. In fact I don't think much about them at all really.

What annoys me the most is that their fan base still thinks they're a blue blood football school. They aren't and haven't been in over a decade. Nebraska was a top tier football program back in the day of the wishbone and triple option. Those days are long gone...but the fans expect to be compared to Ohio state and alabama.

I've gotten really frustrated a few times trying to explain this and reason with the husker fans I know but they just don't understand it or they are unable to comprehend it.

Like it or not nebraska...you're now on the level of teams like iowa and wisconsin. Youre not a blue blood. You will be good most of the time and you will be great occasionally, but you'll also be below average at times as well. Get used to it.