Hurts watching stupid teams get in... James Madison???

So much fail. I guess I didn't realize Iowa was competing for the Colonial League's automatic bid. I mean, I know Penn State, Nebraska and Northwestern were really, really bad this year, but I didn't think I was watching Colonial-level games this yr.

IMO this is what makes the NCAA tournament great. It gives teams something to play for, and let's be honest if Iowa, if Iowa had James Madison's fate no body would be complaining.

It is pretty stupid that a crappy team like Liberty can lose 20 games and get in the tourney simply because they beat 3 other crappy teams in a row to win a crappy conference and thereby take a spot from a better team.

IMO this is what makes the NCAA tournament great. It gives teams something to play for, and let's be honest if Iowa, if Iowa had James Madison's fate no body would be complaining.

Exactly. They knew the only chance they had was to get the auto bid and they did. The reason for playing the conference tournament is the auto bid. Take it away and nobody will care about the conference tournament.

Exactly. They knew the only chance they had was to get the auto bid and they did. The reason for playing the conference tournament is the auto bid. Take it away and nobody will care about the conference tournament.

Which is all about making a money grab, not competition.

Which is all about making a money grab, not competition.

It would be if the auto bid was taken away. Why play in it then if you're a ranked team that could lose to a Penn State or a Nebraska? The conference tournament is part of March Madness.

It would be if the auto bid was taken away. Why play in it then if you're a ranked team that could lose to a Penn State or a Nebraska? The conference tournament is part of March Madness.

The auto bid is what draws people to these tournaments. Without that carrot at the end, nobody would pay attention.

Thank God there's 68 spots!

Anyway, they didn't take a spot from Iowa so it doesn't matter.

At the season's commencement, the opportunity for all teams to deliver their own fortune is procurable. In this vein, Iowa's present situation is the result of their performance alone, and not the result of aberrations from a conference with a lone bid.

At the season's commencement, the opportunity for all teams to deliver their own fortune is procurable. In this vein, Iowa's present situation is the result of their performance alone, and not the result of aberrations from a conference with a lone bid.

Lol, that is some serious trolling right there!

Really.. Such a waste having them eat up one of the 64 spots.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2013

We went through this with Liberty already. The fact is that either Northeastern or JM was going to get in, not both. There are as many at-large spots for Iowa as there were this morning. Everyone needs to quit getting worried about bad teams winning conference tournaments, unless Arizona State makes a Pac 12 run and takes a spot away.

Not looking good for the Hawks. Going to have to get to the Conference Championship game and probably win it to get in. Personally, I think they should be in with two more wins.

What is interesting/frustrating is Minnesota/Illinois projecting as 8/9 seeds. So you can argue that these analysts feel there are approximately 16 teams between them and the Hawks. ??? Also, a lot of disagreement between these guys regarding Minnesota/Illinois. If I read this correctly, and it was a quick scan, I believe Minnesota projects anywhere from a #5 seed to an #11 seed and Illinois a #6 to a #12. Wow. The biggest range of any teams??

What does this tell you?

Not looking good for the Hawks. Going to have to get to the Conference Championship game and probably win it to get in. Personally, I think they should be in with two more wins.

What is interesting/frustrating is Minnesota/Illinois projecting as 8/9 seeds. So you can argue that these analysts feel there are approximately 16 teams between them and the Hawks. ??? Also, a lot of disagreement between these guys regarding Minnesota/Illinois. If I read this correctly, and it was a quick scan, I believe Minnesota projects anywhere from a #5 seed to an #11 seed and Illinois a #6 to a #12. Wow. The biggest range of any teams??

What does this tell you?

This game didn't steal a bid. It was a one bid league regardless of who won the conference tourney. Same goes for Liberty (although that was garbage simply because Liberty blow by even low mid-major standards). Iowa isn't in trouble in the context of other conference tourneys right now.

*Edit. I checked my math. Apparently these analysts feel there is more like 20-21 teams separating Minnesota/Illinois and Iowa.

Did they watch any games coming down the stretch? December was what, 3 months ago?

Latest posts