Hurting the State of Iowa

I've said multiple times, I am a UNI fan who really roots hard for the Hawks when they play anyone but UNI.

That being said, you guys already beat us this year in BBall. Whoopdie doo. That game basically knocked us out of any chance of being in the NCAA tournament. Am I mad? No. But dear God, stop hurting the state of Iowa, Iowa.

What do I mean?

A) You knock us out of contention for the NCAA tournament.

So, Iowa and Iowa State will make the tournament, right?

WRONG.

B) You knock Iowa State out of contention for the tournament because of your RPI. Consider them the "First Four Out." Why? Because on their resume, under bad loss, will be Iowa.

C) Yourselves. I mean, you guys seriously need to win to get into the tournament. Fran has shown he can recruit but clearly he needs to get these guys in line.

Anyhow, just going to wrap up my rant by saying you guys really hurt the state of Iowa in athletics this year. The state counts on you guys to be playing football on Jan. 1st, not watching games from home. The state also counts on you guys to make the NCAA tournament, but clearly we can't do that either.

Step it up, because the tide is turning, and in the next 20 years it will no longer be a Hawkeye state if no one can count on you.

Wtf are you talking about!? Iowa is knocking UNI out of the tourney?? Newsflash, idiot: UNI is 6-6 in the Missouri Valley and 13-11 overall, I think that might have more to do with it. Being a UNI grad, this is embarassing coming from a guy who claims to be a big UNI fan. Get a clue, brah.

You guys are 13-11. Yet you blame the Iowa loss for "knocking UNI out of contention for the tournament"?

You might want to look at those other 10 losses. That might have something to do with it as well.

UNI fans are the worst. If nothing else, Cyclone and Hawkeye fans agree on one thing: the Panthers have an inferiority complex when they win and they have an nferiority complex when they lose.

They play one time this season and it prevents them from getting to the tournament? If he's serious, which I really do think he was, that's the funniest thing I've read on this web site in weeks.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever saw. Why should a UNI fan get to tell us what to do? Here is a idea, if you don't like how Iowa is playing, ASK YOUR TEAM PUNY UNI TO PLAY BETTER. So dumb.

This guy has to be trolling. No way you could think one loss to Iowa can ruin tourney chances. Iowa isn't even ISU's worst loss on the season.

One of the better posts in a good long while, Byoung. Apparently this forum's sense of humor and ability to deal with the truth is inversely proportional to how many personal insults and lame inside jokes you spout.

Good stuff.

One of the better posts in a good long while, Byoung. Apparently this forum's sense of humor and ability to deal with the truth is inversely proportional to how many personal insults and lame inside jokes you spout.

Good stuff.

Clearly shows how shallow some Hawkeye fans are LOL

This guy has to be trolling. No way you could think one loss to Iowa can ruin tourney chances. Iowa isn't even ISU's worst loss on the season.

OH HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

When is everyone going to figure out that byoung is an ISU fan trolling as a UNI/Iowa fan? The day Jon figures it out will be a glorious day.

I've said multiple times, I am a UNI fan who really roots hard for the Hawks when they play anyone but UNI.

That being said, you guys already beat us this year in BBall. Whoopdie doo. That game basically knocked us out of any chance of being in the NCAA tournament. Am I mad? No. But dear God, stop hurting the state of Iowa, Iowa.

What do I mean?

A) You knock us out of contention for the NCAA tournament.

So, Iowa and Iowa State will make the tournament, right?

WRONG.

B) You knock Iowa State out of contention for the tournament because of your RPI. Consider them the "First Four Out." Why? Because on their resume, under bad loss, will be Iowa.

C) Yourselves. I mean, you guys seriously need to win to get into the tournament. Fran has shown he can recruit but clearly he needs to get these guys in line.

Anyhow, just going to wrap up my rant by saying you guys really hurt the state of Iowa in athletics this year. The state counts on you guys to be playing football on Jan. 1st, not watching games from home. The state also counts on you guys to make the NCAA tournament, but clearly we can't do that either.

Step it up, because the tide is turning, and in the next 20 years it will no longer be a Hawkeye state if no one can count on you.

Wow what a ******* you are lol.

A) we didn't knock uni out...they aren't good enough to make it. They are .500 in the mvc and that won't get you into the ncaa tourney.

B) we didn't knock isu out...they will likely finish in the top 3 or 4 in the big 12 and I would be very surprised if they can't get 3 or 4 teams in the tourney.

C) we did knock ourselves out...we have had ample opportunities to get in by upsetting a few teams instead of having close losses. But that is life and anyone that thought iowa could or would make it this yr had it as a slim chance or low low seed (kinda like a last 4 in).

So basically you are wrong in all respects. Hawkeye state for life.

Last edited:

Latest posts