Hurl Beechum

Tierney

Former cyclone basketball player is accused of shooting a guy. It doesn't look good for him.

Last edited:
Good God, sounds like a MLB southpaw pitcher from the damn 50's, "The battery for today's game will be Beechum and Shootem".....jk

Sounds to me like he was protecting his step dad and family to me... Those "kids" outnumbered him and his step dad and were on his property. I think him going to get a gun and using it seemed legit to me since they'd knocked his step dad out and hadn't left their property. If you can't go get a gun and use it in that situation when can you? They must have been fairly big guys too. Hurl is like 6'5 210ish I think. Although 6 on 1 after the step dad is knocked out is all we need to know. They are trying to say the fight was over and deescalated. Well heck how do we know that? They were still on his property we don't know what was being said after he came back with the gun. He had no idea if they were going to go beat up his mom and him some more. I say they are lucky he didn't shoot more of them in the head. He has the right to protect his family on their property period. I bet if this happened in Texas nothing would be charged against Hurl..

Sounds to me like he was protecting his step dad and family to me... Those "kids" outnumbered him and his step dad and were on his property. I think him going to get a gun and using it seemed legit to me since they'd knocked his step dad out and hadn't left their property. If you can't go get a gun and use it in that situation when can you? They must have been fairly big guys too. Hurl is like 6'5 210ish I think. Although 6 on 1 after the step dad is knocked out is all we need to know. They are trying to say the fight was over and deescalated. Well heck how do we know that? They were still on his property we don't know what was being said after he came back with the gun. He had no idea if they were going to go beat up his mom and him some more. I say they are lucky he didn't shoot more of them in the head. He has the right to protect his family on their property period. I bet if this happened in Texas nothing would be charged against Hurl..

if it was self defense/defense of his family, good for him.

if it was self defense/defense of his family, good for him.
I don't think he chased em a block down the street and shot him in the back.... They were still on their property for that alone I believe a gun is legal to be used in Texas. It's such a crock of crap that punks that literally throw the first punch and start trouble have more rights then those trying to protect themselves and their property from it.. At what point did this country start flipping that way and how in the world can we get that back any kind of common sense. The "wild west" was way safer for people to live in back when everyone was packing. As opposed to now when you can't even use them in self defense and then you yourself get turned into a criminal if you do. This kind of crap pisses me off.

I don't think he chased em a block down the street and shot him in the back.... They were still on their property for that alone I believe a gun is legal to be used in Texas. It's such a crock of crap that punks that literally throw the first punch and start trouble have more rights then those trying to protect themselves and their property from it.. At what point did this country start flipping that way and how in the world can we get that back any kind of common sense. The "wild west" was way safer for people to live in back when everyone was packing. As opposed to now when you can't even use them in self defense and then you yourself get turned into a criminal if you do. This kind of crap pisses me off.
It started in the 70's but has ramped up to warp speed the last 15-20 years.

It started in the 70's but has ramped up to warp speed the last 15-20 years.
Sure seems like it. It's crazy. If that Travon Martin guy was able to walk away from what he did how can Hurl not? That type of deal just can't be a crime in one place not another. I don't care where you are. At least in Hurls case they were on his Dads own property for crying out loud. Who's to say if he didn't get the gun that they wouldn't have proceeded to beat them all down and go ransack the house? Nobody should have to take an a$$ kicking and have their property intruded upon and have no way to protect themselves. Period.

It has gotten a lot worse since Obama has been president. I think the guy had a right to defend his family. The world has gotten a lot more violent since they banned prayer in school, ect. . We are living in a society that is getting more lawless every day. Their are powers working that are trying to take the fear of God out of the last few generations. When man elevates man, all your going to get is a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
It has gotten a lot worse since Obama has been president. I think the guy had a right to defend his family. The world has gotten a lot more violent since they banned prayer in school, ect. . We are living in a society that is getting more lawless every day. Their are powers working that are trying to take the fear of God out of the last few generations. When man elevates man, all your going to get is a bunch of crap.

Take it to the politics board.

Guessing you didn't vote for Obama? All jokes aside way to take it step further and bring politics into it.

Lawyer trying to be famous. No way this goes anywhere.
Sounds to me like he stopped the fight termimayor 2 style. The punk should be thanking Hurl. Dude is a helluva shooter, he hit where he was aiming.