Huge Choke

I can easily see Michigan going out in the first or second round of the tournament again this year, just too inconsistent and dependent on outside shooting

I can easily see Michigan going out in the first or second round of the tournament again this year, just too inconsistent and dependent on outside shooting

Michigan is the ultimate feast or famine team. They have as much talent and depth as anyone in the country including the best player at the most important position. But like you said, inconsistent. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go home the first weekend. It wouldn't surprise me to see them cruise to the Final 4.

Up 5, at home, under a minute and lose. Spank should do the % but I'm guessing that got to be close to 95.

They're a donut team...a hole in the middle. I hate donut teams. Oh well. It looks like we get Sparty on Friday night.

This is Beline (?) basketball. All flash but no substance when it comes down to it. He teams played the same way at WVU.

Belein is a complete joke of a coach. Only Tubby Smith rivals him in the B1G for being able to do less with more. He is just garbage.

Belein is a complete joke of a coach. Only Tubby Smith rivals him in the B1G for being able to do less with more. He is just garbage.

I won't go that far but he is the BIG equevilant of Rick Barnes at Texas. Lots of talent not much to show for it.

His WVU teams should have done better than that.

According to who? He took a 7 seed to the elite 8 and a 6 seed to the sweet sixteen, losing in both of those rounds in extremely close games.

And looking this up your stats are wrong, he was 5-2 in the NCAA tournament at WV. Don't think you know what you're talking about at all on this one.

I'm not throwing a coach under the bus because 3 players (including his 2 best) miss FTs to lose the game. He got the right guys to the line. They still have weaknesses that we could have exploited and I preferred playing them to Sparty but it's water under the bridge now.

Side Note - Beating Sparty also gets us some NCCA love in the postgame presser from Izzo. He thinks Iowa belongs and will likely make that point in the postgame if we are able to get the upset. I know he doesn't have a vote but guys like Izzo and Coach K have more credibility because they have been there and done that.

I won't go that far but he is the BIG equevilant of Rick Barnes at Texas. Lots of talent not much to show for it.
'
Not sure how you figure that, this is the first year that they have had a completely full roster with Belien and they are also the youngest team in Division 1 basketball.

They have a lot of talent yes, but they missed three FT's down the stretch, that is what cost them not coaching...get real.

Michigan's problem really is that they get lax on the defensive end too often, they locked IU down after the 10-3 run to start the game and then went into matador defense after they got up by 11.
On top of that, they rush things when it gets tight, when they make the extra pass there is nobody that can beat them, the problem is, they fall in love with poor shots and settle.

They only play one true post player so they get beat on the boards more often than not, but that is just how Belien chooses to play and he hasn't done too bad wherever he has been. He left a ton of talent at WVU when he left and it turned into a Final Four for them, look at what has happened since his players graduated.