How's about Tommy Rees?

Hawkfnntn

Here's how some dominos could go. Grubb follows DeBour to Bama (he sure isn't coming here) so Tommy Rees is looking for a new OC gig... Any chance KF would entertain such a young impressionable up and coming guy like him? I'm sure if Saban gives the kid a letter of recommendation that'd go a long ways. Just throwing it out there. He's going to end up going somewhere...

I'm pretty sure they already have their guy pegged. Just hasn't announced it yet.
Perhaps. That would make sense to an extent but why sit on it and how hasn't it leaked? News of that sort is really tough to keep under wraps for any amount of time. I'm not so sure he's pegged his guy yet or that that person knows.

Bringing in Rees could be good for a couple reasons. Depending on his relationship with Proctor maybe that could help facilitate him coming back. I figured there was 0 chance of Proctor coming back however some folks in the media namely Condon and Eicholt are throwing it out there. Maybe he didn't have the happiest of time down there. I thought Proctor may have burned that bridge pulling what he did but he's such a talent that if he wanted to come KF wouldn't hold it against him is what they think. But till he hops into the portal that rumor isn't even a rumor it's just a made up guess.

We could use Proctor that's an understatement. I don't think I'd put him at tackle though right away he kinda struggled with it last yr. I'd put him at guard and just let him be a road grater. Him and Richman on the left side would solidify that pretty well. Just me dreaming out loud here...

Rees is a midwest guy having played for ND. So as an out of the box curveball that would be a fascinating dynamic to bring in I would think. Does KF agree? Or as you said has he all but made up his mind already? Maybe. Just hope we find out sooner then later.

could be Kirk has one or two old guys at the ready...who say 'Kirk I'll take it but why don't you look around for young up-and-coming talent first and if you don't find one lets talk'.

Tommy Reese taking Iowa would be such a step backwards from ND - AL that I think he'd rather sit a year out, and take a HC job after next season.

could be Kirk has one or two old guys at the ready...who say 'Kirk I'll take it but why don't you look around for young up-and-coming talent first and if you don't find one lets talk'.

Tommy Reese taking Iowa would be such a step backwards from ND - AL that I think he'd rather sit a year out, and take a HC job after next season.
If that doesn't describe what KOK and Greg Davis was and now Philbin is I don't know what does.

I don't think Rees is anywhere near a HC job yet. He might sit out a yr but if being Iowas OC or an analyst or poistion coach somewhere else is on the table it's hard to say what he'd prefer doing. My thing is I doubt KF would even entertain the thought of a young new guy like that to begin with.

Latest posts