Howe: Wisconsin Puts Hawkeyes Back in Their Place

Iowa's improvement limit is to beat 1 good East Division opponent, and Wisconsin in the same season and then Lose in Big Ten Championship Game! "I Produce Mediocre Football Teams for The Diehard Hawkeye Fan, Because That's Who I am and That's What I Care About!" --- Ferentz

It is puzzling...and frustrating...and predictable...

Reverts back to the "safe" template of "success"

The program needs a new template to be different...

Amazing how the Rams, with a young, creative, offensive-minded, new generation coach have changed the culture of losing...

Of course there is risk in house cleaning...might finish 5-7...

At this point 6-6 is a foregone conclusion. In typical Ferentz fashion we saw a great performance last week, and then decided to do a 180 the next week and not do or even try any of the things that worked against OSU. It's like he wants us to look like crap. It pisses me the f*** off.

I would be pretty surprised if Iowa loses the next two games. Purdue has fallen off and lost its starting QB. Nebraska is a funeral.

We'll always have Ohio State.

Camp Randall was as loud as I've heard a stadium. James Daniels said it affected him. I also think Stanley was rattled at times. Outside of ISU, it's not been a good year on the road.
While the OSU is always out there, I also feel like this game will be out there, too. I'm actually looking very much forward to this week to see what team shows up. Wisconsin game will be flushed if they come out and do well these last 2 weeks. It feels like a 50/50 proposition right now.

To generate some momentum going into next season, Iowa needs to win this last two regular-season games and then figure things out in the bowl. Another bowl blowout can't happen.

We’ll get beat by Purdue and win @ Nebraska, and get blown out by DMACC in the Upper West-Central Region Pygmy Goat Breeders Association Bowl in Chinnok, MT, held on the soccer field across from the Texaco station.

Last edited:
KF said he doesn't believe Wisconsin's program is ahead of Iowa's, correct?

Just saw a tweet and from 2013-2017, Wisconsin brought in 19 rivals 4 star players. During the same period Iowa brought in 5.

That's all that needs to be said as to whose program is further ahead.

We’ll get beat by Purdue and win @ Nebraska, and get blown out by DMACC in the Upper West-Central Region Pygmy Goat Breeders Association Bowl in Chinnok, MT, held on the soccer field across from the Texaco station.

You have to laugh - this is funny ;)

KF said he doesn't believe Wisconsin's program is ahead of Iowa's, correct?

Just saw a tweet and from 2013-2017, Wisconsin brought in 19 rivals 4 star players. During the same period Iowa brought in 5.

That's all that needs to be said as to whose program is further ahead.

Hmm.
Uh... oh yeah... we do things the "right" way? Wisc doesn't?
Or, those 14 additional 4 star guys were Wisc natives? Had no chance with them anyway?
Um... lemme think... oh yeah... we recruit guys to fit our system?

No?
Shoot.

Edit: One more: we produce MEN here at Iowa? Wisc doesn't?

Latest posts