Howe: Tough Decision for Iowa’s Akrum Wadley

The thing is, playing another year at Iowa probably won't affect how many years he plays in the NFL, unless he gets hurt of course. If he gets 3 years by leaving this year, he would more than likely still get 3 years if he stays.

Some people love the college experience and some don't. That is the only real factor here. I bet he can't wait to get out after 3 years of being dissed by Kirk every chance he gets.

If he knows anything about Iowa Running Back Injury History ....I wouldn't blame him for taking risk of injury seriously. Just sayin :)

No need to throw barbs. We're all just good ole' boy Hawkeye fans here for a good time.
Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif

I think AW is a third rounder whether it is this year or next because he is just not an every down NFL back, Could see him going late third this year like CJ Prosise last year (3rd back taken). His contract is as follows:

Four-year, $3.11 million contract. The deal included a $692,464 signing bonus.
2016: $450,000, 2017: $565,000, 2018: $660,000, 2019: $745,000

I hate to say it, but if there is no real shot at major money...I would take it now.

He may be a 3rd rounder just because RBs don't get drafted that high anymore. Other than Elliott last year, I don't believe another RB got picked 1st round and maybe one in the 2nd. I think it was 2014 where no RBs got drafted in the 1st round. So really, being only a "3rd rounder" any more means you are one of the top RBs in the country and it kind of makes sense to leave if you are.

LOL, Doyle has him conditioning exactly how he wants to. You don't think he "listens" to the plan Doyle has for him and just does his own random workouts? The whole team has a specific plan, every player/every position.
Everyone's body type is different, you don't just snap your fingers and put on more muscle/weight. It isn't that easy for everyone. Just like it is harder for some to lose weight and be skinnier by their body type.

No and the coaches have said as much. you can probably go back and find it but he wasn't following the plan they had for him. Coaches and Doyle have had to convince him to listen to them by showing him evidence that there aren't 175-180 pound backs in the NFL. He finally started putting on a lot more muscle this past year but is still not where he needs to be. That is part of why the coaches didn't trust him previously along with the fumbling issues.

Latest posts