Howe: Taking A Crack at Iowa's '22 Spring Two-Deep

It should be pretty easy to forecast two-deeps for Iowa. Just remove the graduating players and slide everyone up a slot.

It should be pretty easy to forecast two-deeps for Iowa. Just remove the graduating players and slide everyone up a slot.
Used to be... Nowadays with transfers and NFL there's a chance we'll lose a few that could come back if they want.

However Moss is coming back. I assume Linderbaum is leaving. The guys that I think might still leave yet could be

Campbell
Belton
Jacobs
Padilla since it looks like Petras will be QB1 again..

I hope they all come back. That defense could be lights out if they do. Then again they could have a couple question marks too. So we'll see

We better hope our defense gets 50 Ints next season and STs can play out of this world. Those 2 QBs sink this program. And by that I mean to anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. Man do I know Iowa football.

Many of the players who end up on each Line are just not heavy and strong enough as frosh, some get to it by their soph year. iirc both Drew Ott and Parker Hesse were forced to play as true freshman at 240 lbs or so but they were at DEnd. I cant remember who got hurt so that Ott had to play but then ironic that Ott got hurt and Hesse came in and played very well for 4 years.
On a side note, Parker Hesse is now playing TE for the Atlanta Falcons. Caught 3 passes on Sunday.

On a side note, Parker Hesse is now playing TE for the Atlanta Falcons. Caught 3 passes on Sunday.

Had no clue. Did not know this at all. Hesse has been gone for a minute...what has his NFL path looked like?

Latest posts