Howe: Ranking '20 Iowa Football Opponents from Worst to First

Surprised to see you trash Illinois' defense...their D-line dominated Iowa's running game last year in a way I've rarely seen a team do, other than Wisconsin -- at least in the first half. Nebraska's O-line actually should be decent this year -- but they lose pretty much everything on the D-line, and their LBs have been really poor. If NW can get off to a decent start (for a change), they could do some damage.

Part of the issue against Illinois last season was a lack of imagination on offense. It was predictable zone running right into the Illini D, which ranked 10th in scoring defense and 11th in total defense among Big Ten teams last season. And that included a games against Michigan State and Northwestern's bad offenses. I can't give it extra credit because the Hawkeyes played conservative ball against Illinois.

Lets all hope that Iowa keeps its positives down and their opponents do too. Lets hope that the players don't sustain injuries too.

I think a certain B1G West head coach who has a knack for motivational mantras used the phrase Worst to First or WTF as a motivational phrase while he was at Western Michigan and actually had just finished worst in his division.

Had to laugh at Nebraska's AD complaining about their B1G schedule. Boo Hoo, Bitch! You've got your savior in place. Let him work his miracles.