Howe: Luka Garza's Selflessness Best Part of Story

The thing I love about Luka is how hard he has worked to improve every year. He is a truly great Hawkeye!

You think Luka air-balled that FT on purpose to not break the record? I laughed with him, I bet his nerves were at an all time high on that shot. Congrats on the record. Nobody is more deserving.

If you watch the postgame press conference video we posted, Luka could not stop mentioning the FT. You could tell it bothered the heck out of him. I think his teammates gave him some shit about it, too. :)

If you watch the postgame press conference video we posted, Luka could not stop mentioning the FT. You could tell it bothered the heck out of him. I think his teammates gave him some shit about it, too. :)

Rob, I finally saw the postgame video tribute with former players, no thanks to the Fox coverage lol. Anyway, glaring omission on that video... Roy Devyn Marble. Any idea why he wasn't on that or even at the game in person? Boy that seems strange to me. You'd have though he would have been there to congratulate in person even to represent his dad.

Rob, I finally saw the postgame video tribute with former players, no thanks to the Fox coverage lol. Anyway, glaring omission on that video... Roy Devyn Marble. Any idea why he wasn't on that or even at the game in person? Boy that seems strange to me. You'd have though he would have been there to congratulate in person even to represent his dad.
Curious where you saw the post game tribute?

Devyn is playing overseas I believe...

Wondered the same. Not sure. Will post if I find out.

Curious where you saw the post game tribute?

Devyn is playing overseas I believe...

I saw it on a postgame tweet from I believe Tom Kakert if I remember right. It is kind of a shame that fans who aren't allowed in the stands can hardly even find the good content on this historic achievement to soak it in. Fox went right to commercial break after he broke the record and then hopped right to the next game after the Hawk game ended. Just disappointed in the live coverage and helping fans feel like they were part of a moment that will probably never happen again in our lifetimes.

Last edited:

Latest posts