Howe: Hawkeyes Playing to Change Late-Season Narrative

It's really tough to turn around a season....especially this late in the year. What it takes is really good leadership and a willingness to play for the guy next to you. Not sure this team has that. We shall see....

It's really tough to turn around a season....especially this late in the year. What it takes is really good leadership and a willingness to play for the guy next to you. Not sure this team has that. We shall see....
Besides Iowa, the team that I will be most interested in watching in the tournament is Indiana. For the very reason you mentioned. They were on life support for six weeks. Then they finish the season with a second win over Michigan State and wins over Wisconsin, Illinois, and Rutgers.

They appear to have turned things around just in time and have a winnable first round game. We will see what Iowa can deliver Thursday.

It feels like the air is out of the balloon. I know that's how a lot of fans feel, we'll be watching, but with virtually no expectations of success. Perhaps that's not a bad thing. If that was the plan, it worked.

I'll be heading out for Chicago tomorrow. I pack for four days ever since the '02 B1G tourney, when I was not prepared.

Luckily, the hotel had laundry.

On a side note, I forgot to pack underwear for the first Orange Bowl. I think that was a jinx for everybody.

giphy.gif