Howe: Craving Answers During Pandemic Creating Mixed Messages

Minor point. Cal, USC, and UCLA are not part of the California State University system. Cal and UCLA are part of the University of California system and USC is private.

https://www2.calstate.edu/csu-syste...editorial-style-guide/Pages/campus-names.aspx

Regardless, it is big news for the Cal State system to make this announcement. It probably reflects the general sentiment in the state capital and may be an indicator of what's to come for the rest of the state's universities.
My alma mater, San Francisco State Univ., is part of the Cal State system, which I believe is the largest university system in the U.S. For that reason alone, their announcement IS big news. But the UC system, which includes Cal, UCLA and others, is a different animal. They're much more research-based, and it's darn hard to do research from your parent's basement. Also, not many Cal State schools have big-time athletic programs, other than Fresno State. But the UC system I would guess has even more international students than the Cal State system, so it will be very interesting to see what they do.

I love extended metaphors. They are particularly interesting about half way through cocktail hour. I speak from experience.

Latest posts