Howard to LA

Not really. The reason the Nash/Amare pick and roll was so effective was because Amare was capable of popping and knocking down 20 foot jumpers. Couple the fact that Howard can only roll, with the fact that Nash's 3 pt percentage has dropped three years in a row, and I have a feeling it will be less effective than most people think. Throw in the fact that Kobe is turning into a chucker and is very inefficient offensively, and you have the makings of an extremely disappointing offense.

Nash is going to be able to run pick and rolls with both Howard and Gasol, who can step out and hit the pick and pop. Nash's 3pt percentage has been declining but he still hit about 40% last year on a team filled with guys who would be bench players on any playoff teams, he will get a ton of open looks this year. It will all come down to whether or not Kobe can accept not being the top option every night. If he can, then LA will be a very, very good offensive team, especially if they can Barbosa too.

No... Lebeon finally figured out he needs to attack relentlessly and him and wade did that last year and it worked out well.

And now Lebron can attack and kick out to Ray Ray for wide open 3 looks. That is trouble for any defense.

I despise the Lakers and all of these super teams but the people writing off the Lakers can't be serious.

Andrew Bynum, Troy Murphy
Pau Gasol, Josh McRoberts
Ron Artest, Matt Barnes
Kobe Bryant, Andrew Goudelock
Steve Blake, Derek Fisher

That was their roster just about the entire season until they traded for Ramon Sessions and Jordan Hill. They managed to finish 3rd in the West.

Now look at their roster...

Dwight Howard, Jordan Hill
Pau Gasol, Antawn Jamison, Josh McRoberts
Ron Artest
Kobe Bryant, Andrew Goudelock
Steve Nash, Steve Blake

Dwight Howard >>> Andrew Bynum
Steve Nash >>> Ramon Sessions, Derek Fisher
Antawn Jamison >>> anyone they lost

Bynum may be the 2nd best center behind Howard but if Howard is healthy, Bynum is way behind. Being the second best doesn't mean much when it's behind someone like Dwight Howard or Lebron James. Guys like that are just physically superior.

Steve Nash's numbers have gone down but look at the team he was playing with. The Suns roster was atrocious and of course his scoring went down seeing as he was the only person worth guarding.

Antawn Jamison averaged 17.2pts, 6.3rebs and 2.0asts last year. The addition of him off the bench speaks for itself.

Feel free to write the Lakers off because of their age but I wouldn't. Howard, Gasol and Artest aren't exactly geezers. Kobe doesn't play like one. All Nash has to do is distribute the ball and take open 3's... seems simple enough. If Chalmers could fill that role on the Heat, Nash can fill that role with the Lakers.

That really is an amazing team, but I will still take the Miami 5 over them.

Nash is a terrible on ball defender, but I'm shocked to read people writing like he is over the hill offensively. He shot 39% on 3 last year--which is still fantastic. That number will bounce back to above 40% in all likelihood this year, which is elite. He will always shoot over 50% on 2s, which is elite. He averaged over 10 assists per game, which is elite. He shoots FTs to close games at 90 %, which, of course, is elite.
Beyond all of the numbers he is by all accounts a terrific leader.
I can't wait for the Western Conference finals. It is going to be amazing.

Latest posts