How will Iowa finish the conference regular season?

How will Iowa finish the conference regular season?

• Total voters

InGoodCo

What do ya think? 9 to go. Results will be public. I went with 4-5 but would love for that to be 5-4 or better.

Last edited:
I say 7-2. We lose at Minnesota and at Illinois. We sweep Purdue, get revenge against Nebby. Versus Michigan St., we will be the more physical team this time around. Indiana has virtually no inside post offense or defense. We get revenge on Penn St. in our house. Ohio St. will be lucky to make the Big Dance and we got them at home. All in all, I’m not confident we lose at Minnesota or Illinois for that matter. Clean sweep would definitely be a B1G championship.

I say 7-2. We lose at Minnesota and at Illinois. We sweep Purdue, get revenge against Nebby. Versus Michigan St., we will be the more physical team this time around. Indiana has virtually no inside post offense or defense. We get revenge on Penn St. in our house. Ohio St. will be lucky to make the Big Dance and we got them at home. All in all, I’m not confident we lose at Minnesota or Illinois for that matter. Clean sweep would definitely be a B1G championship.
Penn State concerns me and not just because of last night. We outplayed them the first time around and still found a way to lose (free throw shooting) They are better then what they showed that day. At least we (hopefully) will have CJ this time.

Kriener needs to snap out of his mini funk. Both our seniors need to see this is it. Leave no regrets behind. Can't rely exclusively on the starting five.

I said 5-4. I think we sneak by Purdont then win out at home, lose out on the road.

4-5 ... tonight is the swing game.

Not shocked if they go 6-3, beating Pud and Indy or 2-7, losing to OSU and Penn St at home.

Don't like that Joe Wies has been a little quiet from 3, for a couple weeks. Meanwhile, Luka and C-Mac are taking as many 3's as Joe and CJ. While they've been making a decent share, it's not something you want to rely on and it starts to disrupt the spacing.

Really don't like that Fran has devolved back to the scripted platoon rotations for extended minutes - especially the lineup with C-Mac, Evelyn, Pemsl, Kriener, and CJ.

That lineup is an insult to basketball.:eek: It's embarrassing on offense and defense is basically hoping the other team misses. Just knock it off, Fran! Stick to the 2 x 2 rule with Pemsl, Evelyn and Till (2 minutes max 2 times / game).

I'm trying not to let the recent stretch of home wins cloud my judgement on how tough it is to win on the road in this league. I'm thinking the home team will be favored in pretty much all of the 9 remaining games, so might as well go with the averages. 4 home and 5 away so I'm going with 4-5 no matter the combination (please no loss to nebbie at home). Anything better than that is gravy.

The rest of the season is going to come down to managing foul trouble. That’s one of the problems of not having any depth is that you’re always on the brink.

If Kriener can be a complement to the team instead of creating situations that they have to dig their way out of, it could be better than 5-4. As I mentioned in the game thread, Kriener is the Brandon Snyder of basketball. He’s either doing something brilliant, or completely stinking up the joint. No middle ground.

I have us at 5-4. If we take care of Purdue tonight, then 6-3. I think we will get Indiana or Minnesota and win out at home.

Ohio State and Penn State at home are going to be tough to win. I feel like there's no way we go undefeated at home in the conference so I'm assuming we lose one of them. Hopefully we get a road win to even it out. I'm going 4-5. Hoping like hell for 6-3. I have a weird feeling we will beat Michigan State this year. That feeling will almost certainly be dashed by 2 quick touch fouls on Garza tho.

Speaking of which, did anyone notice MSU had 3 close calls go against them at the end of the game last night? I couldn't believe it.

holy shit, I just saw that PSU pulled it off last night. Jeez, IL, with their road success early on has to be considered the favorite with their schedule left.

Penn State concerns me and not just because of last night. We outplayed them the first time around and still found a way to lose (free throw shooting) They are better then what they showed that day. At least we (hopefully) will have CJ this time.

Kriener needs to snap out of his mini funk. Both our seniors need to see this is it. Leave no regrets behind. Can't rely exclusively on the starting five.

PSU may just have taken control of the conference race. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are 13-4 in the B1G, riding an 11 game win streak when they come to Carver on the last day of February.

PSU may just have taken control of the conference race. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are 13-4 in the B1G, riding an 11 game win streak when they come to Carver on the last day of February.
yeah, PSU is sitting pretty good too.

Ohio State and Penn State at home are going to be tough to win. I feel like there's no way we go undefeated at home in the conference so I'm assuming we lose one of them. Hopefully we get a road win to even it out. I'm going 4-5. Hoping like hell for 6-3. I have a weird feeling we will beat Michigan State this year. That feeling will almost certainly be dashed by 2 quick touch fouls on Garza tho.

Speaking of which, did anyone notice MSU had 3 close calls go against them at the end of the game last night? I couldn't believe it.

Pretty much feeling the same way. I think Iowa will drop a home game, most likely to Ohio St or Purdue, a team that will catch Iowa on an off night. I think Iowa will be ready to roll against a very good PSU team. And I think Iowa will steal one on the road

Latest posts