How was atmosphere Saturday?

I was at the wrestling meet and football game, great atmosphere, and yes, it was loud, not sure if the loudest, but apparently it was according to 1 IC resident......all around great time and great experience.....

It sounded loud on TV. If the defense had been able to get a stop on the two drives in the fourth quarter where Minnesota scored in 36 seconds and 45 seconds it would've probably been deafening.

It was the one of the best atmospheres I've seen in Kinnick for football since 1962 (certainly in the Top 10). Almost the entire crowd was standing at kickoff. Very, very special and memorable, especially against our ancient rival, Minnesota.

On TV it came through loud and clear. Back in Black sounded awesome, as did I-O-W-A the entire last 2 minutes of the game.

Good atmosphere. Not the greatest I have witnessed, but very good. The Pitt game was pretty good too.

Best part of the "atmosphere" was the unexpected cell phone flashlight show that occurred during a commercial break. I'm not sure if anyone might have a photo of that, but it was something I have never witnessed before. Kudos to Iowa fans.

Best part of the "atmosphere" was the unexpected cell phone flashlight show that occurred during a commercial break. I'm not sure if anyone might have a photo of that, but it was something I have never witnessed before. Kudos to Iowa fans.

I've been wondering, how did that start? Was it just an impromptu thing a section did and then caught on with the entire stadium or was there something on the video board urging fans to do it?

[h=2]Daily Log Detail[/h]
Dispatch #15179638
Incident #
Dispatch Time11/14/2015 9:18:00 PM
ActivityPHONE REQUEST
DispositionHANDLED BY OTHER AGENCY
Location Address410 E WASHINGTON ST
Location Apt. #
DetailsTHE STADIUM IS TOO LOUD AND COMP WANTS TO TALK TO OFFICER ABOUT IT

Good atmosphere. Not the greatest I have witnessed, but very good. The Pitt game was pretty good too.

Attachments

• 635832700127316421-IOW-1114-Iowa-fb-vs-Minnesota-26.jpg
    635832700127316421-IOW-1114-Iowa-fb-vs-Minnesota-26.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 40
It was really loud...especially at the end with the I-O-W-A chant. I've never seen the chant last that long. its too bad it was happening while Minnesota was shoving it down our defenses throats...if an interception would have happened during that whole thing, the place would have been deafening.

The cell phone thing was awesome. I'm not sure where that came from but it was ridiculously cool during a night game.

Overall a very impressive atmosphere

Very good atmosphere. Probably not Top 5 (I've been going to games for...well, let's say it's double digits) but a great night.

u8rop.jpg

The I-O-W-A thing at the end was fun but that's twice now that the fans have done that and twice that the opposing team stormed down the field to score. We might need to stick to just making a **** ton of noise.

Also, the cell phone light show was pretty cool. My girlfriend attempted to take a picture but you couldn't really see the lights in the photo. They tried to do it again couple times later but it just didn't catch on.

The I-O-W-A thing at the end was fun but that's twice now that the fans have done that and twice that the opposing team stormed down the field to score. We might need to stick to just making a **** ton of noise.

Also, the cell phone light show was pretty cool. My girlfriend attempted to take a picture but you couldn't really see the lights in the photo. They tried to do it again couple times later but it just didn't catch on.

I don't know what the song was....yeah I'm old, but the lights kind of fit in with the music.

Well they should be loud next week with it being the last game for the seniors at Kinnick.

I gave my tickets to my uncle & cousin because of a last minute work problem. I've never seen a night game in Kinnick. From what I seen on TV, and from what my uncle and cousin told me, that it was the loudest and most electric night they've ever seen Kinnick stadium. My work really screwed me over on my trip to Iowa to watch the game! Lol

Latest posts