How much time?

okobojihawk

How many seasons will you give the new coach to:

A. to have a winning season?

B. be competitive in recruiting?

C . make it to the NCAA's ?

It would be most informative if you answer each ?
ie: A1 B3 C2

First year for the new coach will not be with his recruits. His first year to recruit will be his second year.

I would be excited about Iowa basketball again if in the new coach's 3rd year he goes above .500.

1, 1 and 1. seriously, he will probably need at least 3 years to get to the ncaa. but he should be able to start with great recruiting right away. That is if barta is looking for a coach who has connections and can recruit. he doesn't have to be a great coach, as long as he can recruit, and surround himself with great asst. coaches. I can see a winning season next year, if all players come back, and we lose no recruits, and the new coach can find a big inside guy, and one more point guard. Who knows maybe he talks tucker into returning.

First year for the new coach will not be with his recruits. His first year to recruit will be his second year.

I would be excited about Iowa basketball again if in the new coach's 3rd year he goes above .500.
His 1st year he should be competitive in recruiting though, I'm thinking. Meaning getting guys for his second year. At least that's how I'm thinking of it...