How much money does the BIG 10 lose if Iowa wins?

Scotttyd

I am not some tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, but I was wondering if the Big 10 misses the playoffs, how much less money comes into the coffers? Not saying they will interfer with the game, but you gotta think the Big 10, especially after this year, would be uber pissed to not have a team in the CFP.

A parallel incentive may also loom....

How much does the SEC receive if they have 2 teams in the CFP?

That's why Iowa must win a no-doubter, because they won't be getting any calls that's for sure.

I am not some tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, but I was wondering if the Big 10 misses the playoffs, how much less money comes into the coffers? Not saying they will interfer with the game, but you gotta think the Big 10, especially after this year, would be uber pissed to not have a team in the CFP.

The Big 10 isnt going to get hurt at all in the grand scheme of things as the conf has to have tons of money. I found this Propublica article showing the Big 10's taxes for 2018 as they ended the year with a gain of about $40 mil to a final net revenue of about $125 mil. The summary page below and I did edit the original image to slide the column of numbers to the left to fit it better on this screen.

1638293994280.png

According to the site linked below the Big Ten only loses $2 million. The conference gets $6 million for each team that reaches the CFP, they get $4 million for each team that goes to a non semi final CFP bowl (aka NY6). So if Iowa was to win that puts them into the Rose bowl and my guess is both Michigan and Ohio State get selected for one of the other NY6 bowls. The conference would get $12 million instead of $14 million.

The Big 10 isnt going to get hurt at all in the grand scheme of things as the conf has to have tons of money. I found this Propublica article showing the Big 10's taxes for 2018 as they ended the year with a gain of about $40 mil to a final net revenue of about $125 mil. The summary page below and I did edit the original image to slide the column of numbers to the left to fit it better on this screen.

View attachment 8413
so much for a "non-profit" amateur sports

View attachment 8413
$758,899,883 was their revenue. $125,013,313 is their net worth.

Holy hockey sticks. That is a massive income stream. I thought the TV money was like $60MM a year?

$758,899,883 was their revenue. $125,013,313 is their net worth.

Holy hockey sticks. That is a massive income stream. I thought the TV money was like $60MM a year?

Each team got about $50 million a few years ago the last time I heard. So Iowa and all the rest of the teams do get about $60 mil now. Oh the money is crazy. Hell the NCAA gets about a billion from CBS I think I heard just for the TV rights to the NCAA mens bball tourney. Effing crazy but I am not going to make a social statement so as not to get the ban hammer.