How much does it costs for 5 star BBallers?

eyekwah

Just wondering. With Carton over there in Bettendorf and the young man from Indianapolis expressing interest maybe a little $XXX,XXX.XX will do it?

Sounds like 100 K to the parents is the starting point for negotiations. Just funnel it through the Nike reps at any AAU tourney. Or Just go up to the Dells during any tourney up there and leave at the front desk of the Kalahari resort.

I'm just speculating...I'm sure nobody gets any perks or "pay" while attending tourneys at resorts or exotic locations from anyone representing Nike or Addidas. I'm sure these fine upstanding morally balanced executives don't break any rules. ( I'm not just saying this for legal reasons.)

They really need to stop these shoe companies from being able to sponsor any school. College football and basketball is just so damned dirty, it's not funny. If you're not cheatin, you're not playing.

They really need to stop these shoe companies from being able to sponsor any school. College football and basketball is just so damned dirty, it's not funny. If you're not cheatin, you're not playing.
I agree, but if you can't beat them you have to join them.

Lance Armstrong and his teammates weren't cheating, they were just better at doping than everyone else. His downfall came strictly from not admitting it.

It's so easy that I don't understand how people even get caught. Let's say Dirty Fran wants Carton here. It's not at all difficult for him to get his hands on $150K in smaller increments, let it change hands several times to unknown-to-him people, insulating himself/boosters from the person putting it in his mom's mailbox 15 weeks in a row. I could do it and not get caught and I'm only a thousandaire without access to smart accountants.

Just a rumor of course but from what I heard it cost us approx $100k for Tyler Smith and that was a LONG time ago. I'm sure with the big $ that is rolling in it will be closer to $200k for 4* +.

It's not all that difficult to funnel money. It all goes to the shot callers. It's not the kid that is getting the money., it's their AAU coach, parent / guardian, reps, posse, etc. The kid gets it all in 'life style' money and being made to feel like a king.

Do you honestly think some 5* kid is running around out there with a BofA account stuffed with 6-figure dollars?

It's so easy that I don't understand how people even get caught. Let's say Dirty Fran wants Carton here. It's not at all difficult for him to get his hands on $150K in smaller increments, let it change hands several times to unknown-to-him people, insulating himself/boosters from the person putting it in his mom's mailbox 15 weeks in a row. I could do it and not get caught and I'm only a thousandaire without access to smart accountants.

Dude, you sell yourself short. So...will you accept my nomination to serve a three-year term as "Official Bagman"? Or will you only serve in a "DL" capacity?

Just a rumor of course but from what I heard it cost us approx $100k for Tyler Smith and that was a LONG time ago. I'm sure with the big $ that is rolling in it will be closer to $200k for 4* +.

It's not all that difficult to funnel money. It all goes to the shot callers. It's not the kid that is getting the money., it's their AAU coach, parent / guardian, reps, posse, etc. The kid gets it all in 'life style' money and being made to feel like a king.

Do you honestly think some 5* kid is running around out there with a BofA account stuffed with 6-figure dollars?

On your last question, "yes".

On all previous, if Fryowa doesn't accept my nomination, are you willing to serve as "Official Bagman"? I'd do it, but I live in Florida. I'd only be useful in a football capacity, and let's face it, I'd fare poorly against my $EC cohorts.

$500 per drop and no term limits. Firm.

Whew!!! I read that post way to quick and thought you posted $5000 per drop, then the words “term limits” and “FIRM” caught my eye and for some reason I thought I accidentally got on MSNBC and had wondered into stormy seas. :p That’s what happens when a person gets to russiaing into things to fast.

It's a crazy world I wish I understood more of. I mean Pitino of all people to have been trying to plead ignorance.. Get out of here. These coaches know full well. They may not be hands on but it's so damn easy for them to do it all through back channels. To have boosters or coaches themselves go and have their nieces boyfriends or any other acquaintance be runners is so flipping easy it isn't funny. And does anyone believe that assistants are doing that behind their coaches back? Pff more like on their behalf. When that Ole Miss Olineman during draft day a couple yrs back had what happened to him on live TV that was pure comedy. And it barely had him slide in the draft hell it didn't matter much. Ole Miss should pretty much be shut down over all the crap they've had happen the last 5-8 yrs. But after a few more years of farting around I'm sure they'll just get a slap on the wrist since all the coaches/ADs involved are long gone

Chickens and the beer.
giphy.gif