How much do we lose by tonight?

It's unfortunate that the negative nancies have completely permeated the football and basketball boards. They have a complete inability to acknowledge anything positive. Then they mock and insult posters who try to find something good.

Correct. Reason I stopped posting and coming to the board as much and Honestly not quite sure why I’ve gotten so active again..

I say it depends on whether we care enough to pull within single digits in the final few minutes before giving up a 10-2 run to only lose by 15 or we don't show up and lose by 20+

P.S. I'm an alum, I haven't missed a football game on TV unless I'm out of the country in 15 years. I haven't missed a basketball game under the same circumstances in Fran's tenure. I make 4-5 10 hour round trips to Iowa City per year. I have a Tigerhawk tatoo on my shoulder. I'm a fan, not troll. This thread is cynical and frustrated but serious.

It is tempting to think that way and I can catch myself feeling that way but it's possible we come out with a win, if the effort is there. We beat Colorado and they're better than Illinois, though that was a neutral court and this is in Champagne.

I'm busy tonight so I am TiVo-ing the game and expecting to watch the Hawkeyes first conference win. Of course I will delete the game without watching if they lose.

I will be surprised and pleased if the Hawks win at Champaign tonight.....

The Illini always seem to play the Hawks well.....

I hope the Hawks play like they did against Maryland, for the majority of the game.....

Who knows, if the referees call a fair game, we could keep things close to the end

With a Bohannon three at the end.....

Again, not foreseeing a win tonight.....

:cool:

It's unfortunate that the negative nancies have completely permeated the football and basketball boards. They have a complete inability to acknowledge anything positive. Then they mock and insult posters who try to find something good.

Garza has been doing pretty good as a freshmen and being a big guy. The big guys usually need longer to progress. Also glad to see Baer starting to look like his old self.

Garza has been doing pretty good as a freshmen and being a big guy. The big guys usually need longer to progress. Also glad to see Baer starting to look like his old self.

Garza has shown he can score in a lot of ways, and he's also shown some rebounding ability. He's slow but he's 7 feet tall so of course he's freaking slow. He's not Joel Embiid. His defense has been bad, but that can be coached and I fully expect him to improve with time and experience. He's already showing way more promise than Woodbury ever did. I don't know how to deal with people who think Garza shouldn't play or that we'd be better off without him. Then again this message board is full of idiots.

Exactly. It's not that I'm not upset and frustrated with how the season has played out.

Exactly. It's not that I'm not upset and frustrated with how the season has played out.

I get as upset as anyone in the moment (during games), but I can also take a step back from the doom and gloom once the initial anger/frustration has worn off. At the end of the day Iowa is my team so being negative 100% of the time serves no purpose other than to annoy my wife.

Latest posts