How much do we lose by tonight?

CJHawkeye

I say it depends on whether we care enough to pull within single digits in the final few minutes before giving up a 10-2 run to only lose by 15 or we don't show up and lose by 20+

P.S. I'm an alum, I haven't missed a football game on TV unless I'm out of the country in 15 years. I haven't missed a basketball game under the same circumstances in Fran's tenure. I make 4-5 10 hour round trips to Iowa City per year. I have a Tigerhawk tatoo on my shoulder. I'm a fan, not troll. This thread is cynical and frustrated but serious.

We're playing Illinois right? We're not going to lose by double digits. I do think we lose though as this team doesn't seem to play tough down the stretch. I will guess by 8.

I say it depends on whether we care enough to pull within single digits in the final few minutes before giving up a 10-2 run to only lose by 15 or we don't show up and lose by 20+

P.S. I'm an alum, I haven't missed a football game on TV unless I'm out of the country in 15 years. I haven't missed a basketball game under the same circumstances in Fran's tenure. I make 4-5 10 hour round trips to Iowa City per year. I have a Tigerhawk tatoo on my shoulder. I'm a fan, not troll. This thread is cynical and frustrated but serious.

Not an alum cause I couldn't afford Iowa, but born and bread a Hawkeye since birth. Lived my entire life a 10 hour round trip from IC and always attended at least 3 FB and several BB games a season. Away games in both sports too. I have a Hawk tat ( I was young haha, in hind site I wouldn't have got it, not because I don't love the Hawks, but because I wish I didn't have ANY tats now) ... and you aren't wrong. It's hard not to be cynical. It's absolutely frustrating and until Iowa proves that they won't do exactly what you posted, I am gonna believe they will.

If Iowa doesn't win tonight, I'm not sure I see a winnable game left on their schedule. At Rutgers is suddenly scary, and at Nebraska is probably a loss.

23NOc6p.gif

Fran is going to get a bad rep if doesnt have one already. Refs are going to be quick on the trigger (See Maryland).

I hope we win. But hope doesnt get it done.

hawks lose by 10.

Fran hadn't had a tech foul for four years before Tuesday. And he should have only gotten one in that game, which I think he wanted to get.

Illinois plays shut down man to man defense. On the road? At least a double digit loss because the team who plays better defense wins

Iowa has a shot at winning 8 more games:
@illannoy, @Rutgers, Wisc, @Nebby, Minny, @PennST, Indy, NwU.

While none of them are better than 50/50 shots, tonight is toward the top of the "possible" list.

On the positive side ... 6 of the next 7 games are on this list. Think of that; 7 games from now, Iowa could be .500 in the B1g14! If they can tear off 6 W's in the next 7, even though they are against bad teams, might beget some confidence to steal 1 or 2 they shouldn't. All of a sudden, Iowa finishes 8-10 / 9-9 in the bIg10+4 with 17 or 18 wins and is in solid position to make the NIT. (Short of winning the BTT, there is ZERO chance Iowa make the NCAA.)

On the negative side ... tonight is for sole possession of LAST PLACE in the BIG10-ish. Another loss - to the 2nd worst team, no less - will pretty much nail the coffin on a team that is already testicularly challenged. Losses will beget losses and the only intrigue will be if Iowa goes Browns and accomplishes the "0-fer". (Something only a dozen or so teams have managed to do in the last 100 years of conference play.)

I still think Hawks win 3 to 5 games and this HAS to be one of them. Hawks overcome more bad officiating and the perpetual obstacle of Fran's discombobulated rotations (hopefully he gets tossed, again.) Garza is solid (12 and 7) and Cook bounces back to be the difference in a 77 - 72 win.

Fran hadn't had a tech foul for four years before Tuesday. And he should have only gotten one in that game, which I think he wanted to get.

He's had a few over the last four years I think, it's just that he hadn't had two leading to getting tossed.

I'd say it's 50/50 he gets teed up once, in a desperate attempt to light a fire under his team. 4.3843% he gets two.

We'll continue to let guys drive to the rim at will and/or kick it outside for wide open 3 point shots. The absolutely no commitment to defense will continue.

We'll have a good run to get within striking distance in the final 10 minutes of the game, but then remember that we suck and let the lead balloon to 10-12. Calling a 82-71 loss.

Iowa has a shot at winning 8 more games:
@illannoy, @Rutgers, Wisc, @Nebby, Minny, @PennST, Indy, NwU.

While none of them are better than 50/50 shots, tonight is toward the top of the "possible" list.

On the positive side ... 6 of the next 7 games are on this list. Think of that; 7 games from now, Iowa could be .500 in the B1g14! If they can tear off 6 W's in the next 7, even though they are against bad teams, might beget some confidence to steal 1 or 2 they shouldn't. All of a sudden, Iowa finishes 8-10 / 9-9 in the bIg10+4 with 17 or 18 wins and is in solid position to make the NIT. (Short of winning the BTT, there is ZERO chance Iowa make the NCAA.)

On the negative side ... tonight is for sole possession of LAST PLACE in the BIG10-ish. Another loss - to the 2nd worst team, no less - will pretty much nail the coffin on a team that is already testicularly challenged. Losses will beget losses and the only intrigue will be if Iowa goes Browns and accomplishes the "0-fer". (Something only a dozen or so teams have managed to do in the last 100 years of conference play.)

I still think Hawks win 3 to 5 games and this HAS to be one of them. Hawks overcome more bad officiating and the perpetual obstacle of Fran's discombobulated rotations (hopefully he gets tossed, again.) Garza is solid (12 and 7) and Cook bounces back to be the difference in a 77 - 72 win.
LOL! Define "shot". I watched Rutgers at Michigan last night. Iowa is not beating Rutgers. Nor are they winning any road games. Even with the drama going on at Minny, Iowa isn't beating them.

As far as I can see, the only legit shots they have are Wisc and jNW. And those aren't much of a shot. 40% chance at best.

An NIT bid?? Child please...

I will give you this: you are the most positive Iowa fan I have read on these boards in weeks.

Now to address the thread title: Iowa will lose by 7. 77-70

Latest posts