How many Hawk fans at Arizona game Saturday night?

HawkinGoferLand

There are a ton of former (mainly retired) Iowans living in Arizona. Any idea/estimate of the size of the Iowa crowd? How many tickets did the University get? 5000?

The stadium only holds 57,803.

I've heard estimates of a total of 12K-15K Hawkeye fans. I'll be there so we'll get it started with 2 anyway. I also saw where the Phoenix I-Club sold out their group block of 1,500 as well.

I remember when the fiesta bowl was considering Iowa (bastards) they said they estimate 1 million Iowans living in the Arizona area. That seemed high to me, but it illustrates the magnitude of the Iowa population there.

I've heard estimates of a total of 12K-15K Hawkeye fans. I'll be there so we'll get it started with 2 anyway. I also saw where the Phoenix I-Club sold out their group block of 1,500 as well.

I think the estimates are funny...because who really knows? It's not like when people buy tickets, they check whether they are a Hawkeye or a Wildcat.

But If I were to estimate, I would say in that range as well.

How many did we have at ASU in 2004? I was there and it seemed to me like we had a lot. And fans are even more fired up about this 2010 team.

I'll be there with 11 of my friends.

Fans are more fired up about this team.

But, remember these are mostly retirees who live in Phoenix.

How many of them are going to drive down to Tucson for an evening game?

Everyone talks about the retirees....but I don't think it was the retirees that were at the ASU game. Phoenix has a lot of young Hawkeyes there.

But you are right.....most of the Hawkeyes are located in the Phoenix area. I would say that we don't have as many as we did at the ASU game, but close.

One thing the retirees do, aside from going to the game themselves, is give their families a great reason and ability to go down to the game. I know of several people that are making a week of it. Go down this week, spend time with family that has retired down there, then go to the game on Saturday.

15-20 K if think. Probably more than normal just because people couldnt get regular season tickets to IA this year and the insane excitement around this team this year.

I'm hoping it's at least 10k. If it turns out to be 15k, that will be great.

I'll be flying down there on Friday evening. The wife and I have some friends down there. Should be a good time.

Latest posts