How many do we have now?

AHawk1

Anybody know how many known commits we have now, and a prediction on how many we will take.

EJ just put out a tweet. Coach Eric Johnson @HawkeyeCoachEJ
We've got another new member of the #Hawkeye family. #GoHawks #Iowa

There has been so much action today I'm not sure if this could be Draper or not! I'm guessing this one was for CJ.

It would only be a guess, but it appears that they are looking for 3-4 more, but will only take that many if they are the 'right' fits. Otherwise they may only take 2. (Again, just a guess)

The targets would be:
-Draper/Bently (1st come??)
-Curry or bust for DL
-Ian Thomas or last minute offer at WR
-Open ended offer for Lambert (like DJK was well after NSD)

Last edited:
Incorrect, the jucos do count against this years scholarships & Minnesota is going to sign at least twenty-eight players.

I think they only count against this year's count if they start school in the fall. If they enrolled this semester I don't think they count toward this year's amount.

Simmons and Sokol have signed letters per Rivals, so they would count towards last year right?

Simmons and Sokol have signed letters per Rivals, so they would count towards last year right?

No, the Big Ten rules are very specific. There is no counting against last years scholarships. Big Ten schools can only sign three above the 85-man limit. For example, if Michigan has fifteen open scholarships, the Wolves can sign eighteen recruits, no more. If a program oversigns, it has to document to the Big Ten office how it came down to the 85-limit. That is why Nebraska & Wisconsin have only about thirteen commitments this year.

Likewise, if a program has thirty open scholarships, it can sign up to thirty-three players. That is why, depending on your source, Minnesota signed either thirty-one, thirty or twenty-nine back in '08. This year Minnesota has twenty-eight commitments & counting.

But when you think about it, if a program only has fifty-five scholarship player, the program is hurting.

It would only be a guess, but it appears that they are looking for 3-4 more, but will only take that many if they are the 'right' fits. Otherwise they may only take 2. (Again, just a guess)

The targets would be:
-Draper/Bently (1st come??)
-Curry or bust for DL
-Ian Thomas or last minute offer at WR
-Open ended offer for Lambert (like DJK was well after NSD)

Up to 23 with Drapper. Any chance we would take those last 3 if they all wanted to commit?