How is Rudock doing?

Herk

Does anyone know how Jake Rudock is progressing? Haven't read much on him recently. I know his size was a concern during recruitment. When he committed to Iowa he was under 200 lb. What is he at now? Does he have a legit shot at playing (well) next year as a backup?

Last I heard he hadn't been promoted from the foot scooter yet.

12-Foot-Scooter-Kids-Scooter-Children-Bike-ACO-18S-.jpg

Haven't read anything recently. I know he's gained some weight and should be around or just shy of 200 now. He did look pretty good in the Spring. He made some mistakes throwing into double coverage in the red zone. He also kept tucking and running on the goal line and looked good doing it. He definitely needs more time to get comfortable but I was seeing all the intangibles everyone has been saying. He has the quickest release on the team and throws tight spirals and shows good accuracy. I think Davis may even take advantage of his ability to run and design some qb sneaks. He needs to become more disciplined in his decision making. I really hope this kid gets some chances to play this year.

I talked to some people in the football department they are really high on him and say he is by far the best QB we have. Some of them think he is better than JV right now.

i also talked to some people that were really high, but it wasn't Ruddock they were high on, unless that is the name of some new type of cannabis.

I talked to some people in the football department they are really high on him and say he is by far the best QB we have. Some of them think he is better than JV right now.

I've heard similar things, but JVB is going into his senior year and has the most (only) experience. The backup qb is usually the most popular guy on the roster but it'll serve Jake well to be the backup this year unless JVB goes down. If JVB still looks bad on the road this topic will get very interesting.

If it wasn't for the reluctance of Ferentz, Rudock would be starting for Iowa the first game and by mid season he would likely be on everyone's Heisman list.

Based on reports out of the football office….we’ve had many All-American QB’s playing behind the inferior starters and several future studs, who ironically enuff have never seen the field for extended minutes.....:D

i also talked to some people that were really high, but it wasn't Ruddock they were high on, unless that is the name of some new type of cannabis.

Zombie Apocalypse started in Florida... Ruddock is from Florida. you might be onto something..

Some people feel Rudock will have to earn it next year vs Sokol....competition is a good thing

Sokol looked to have some ability in the spring game, but was too out of control as was flying by the seat of his pants. Rudock looked much more polished, but what the heck do I know. Competition is always good.

Latest posts