How Hawkeyes Stack Up Against B1G with Dead Period Over

Well it’s early and things should improve in the rankings as Iowa gets more players committed.

Other than the elite athletes wanting to congregate together and win a natty (ignoring any kind of recruiting improprieties, bagmen, etc....) it's still difficult to understand why a highly-regarded TE or OL would look anywhere than Iowa or Wisky? Put in the work in Iowa City or Madison and the NFL is going to reward you.

Regardless, I have confidence this staff will put together a decent recruiting class.

Iowa is always going to field competitive, upper echelon teams fighting for a West title so long as Ferentz is the head coach and Phil Parker is leading the defense.

Enjoy the ride. It won't last forever.

Color me slightly concerned. The Hawks usually -- not always -- pull in their highest rated players early in the recruiting process. On the other hand, Nebraska and Wisconsin have recently tended to start slowly and close strong. It seems Iowa rarely closes strong. We'll all have a better reading by the end of the summer. KF's most recent quote on the matter was something along the lines of "Fortunately, we don't have a real big class to recruit for in '22" -- which makes me think their recruiting expectations aren't that high for this class.

Latest posts