How Good is Seton Hall?

ssckelley

I'm not getting a good read on them. Like Iowa they haven't played anything but glorified scrimmages in their first 2 games. They have a new head coach that came from Saint Peters and didn't have a very impressive resume. A few of the better players graduated from last years team and others transferred out. They didn't have a big incoming recruiting class but they did draw in a few transfers. A preseason publication has them 6th in the Big East and says they will be a tournament team.

Part of me is saying this should be a winnable game for Iowa but it is a road game. Your thoughts?

I see a real test for the Hawks. I think it will be a close game with the best defensive effort deciding the game…..something we are capable of this year. Looking forward to it!

I don't believe that Seton Hall is very good, but they are athletic. They are more of a slow it down style of team and are not particularly great at putting the ball into the basket. I think Iowa will win by 10 or more.

It is a road game but I think Iowa has enough leadership and talent to win this game. Will be interesting to see how their new coach does at his alma mater, but I think it will take him a bit to get it going. I think we have the edge offensively, the question is do we take a step forward defensively? Sandfort and others have said they want to change the narrative on the defensive end, but it seems like we hear that on a yearly basis. I do think we finally have the pieces where we could be above average on defense with Perkins, Ulis and Murray, but we really need to step up our post defense to be successful.

Latest posts