How good is Iowa?

Matter of Fact

Here are Kicker and Gester

During the Ohio State game chat

If it comes to that:

Top 30 Leave Britney Alone Gif$canonical$canonical$canonical$canonical GIFs  | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Matter of Fact

If it comes to that:

Top 30 Leave Britney Alone Gif$canonical$canonical$canonical$canonical GIFs  | Find the best GIF on Gfycat
OMG you are right Duke!
I no longer want Iowa in Indy. Your biting wit has changed my mind. I am now a giant pussy, just like you.

Nah, I'm just kidding, I'm not a pussy like Duke. I still want Iowa in Indy.

That is exactly what I am saying

Beyond a shadow of a doubt

Don't really want to see wounded Hawks carried off the field with
perhaps career-ending injuries

There is no doubt in my mind that the buckeyes will be looking for
blood after being humiliated solidly at Kinnick

I respect your opinion, but that is all it is: An Opinion

Same as my opinion, Nothing Else

I haven't seen a ton of Buckeye games this year. Have there been a lot of players carted off the field with season or career ending injuries?

Matter of Fact

If it comes to that:

Really? Interesting take considering I just read an exact quote, I believe from you indicating "it was nothing more than you respecting an opinion and nothing else".

Fair enough though. Poor fella in your gif got tired of watching all those injuries piling up and couldn't take it anymore.

Last edited:
OMG you are right Duke!
I no longer want Iowa in Indy. Your biting wit has changed my mind. I am now a giant pussy, just like you.

Nah, I'm just kidding, I'm not a pussy like Duke. I still want Iowa in Indy.

It that all you have

It is not wise to F with me

Unless you enjoy humiliation

You know

Like having your boyfriend spank you

Really? Interesting take considering I just read an exact quote, I believe from you indicating "it was nothing more than you respecting an opinion and nothing else".

Fair enough though. Poor fella in your gif got tired of watching all those injuries piling up and couldn't take it anymore.

I am going to give you a break, Kicker

Enjoy Thanksgiving

Ciao

Indiana, ISU, Maryland, Penn St...have all proven to be not be as good as thought when we played them.

4 of our 9 wins are against teams with a winning record. PSU leads at 7-4, the other 3 are each just 1 game over .500. Cumulative record of our opponents: 64-68.

Lucky we missed Michigan, Michigan St and tOSU this year. Things would look a bit different.
9 wins, 2 losses. Probably 10 wins, maybe 11. Stop being silly.

I am going to give you a break, Kicker

Enjoy Thanksgiving

Ciao

LOL we're all good and its all in good clean fun. I just didn't know what I said that got me singled out as the leave Brittany alone guy. I'm definitely an "opinions are nothing more than opinions guy" and totally respect that. Just want to be clear that I wasn't trying to make it personal or take shots at anybody.

But the leave Brittany alone guy??? Well played sir well played.

Have a good weekend. Save the neck for me Clark.

It that all you have

It is not wise to F with me

Unless you enjoy humiliation

You know

Like having your boyfriend spank you
You got me quaking in my thigh high patent leather dominatrix boots.

After reading your post, your highly homophobic post, I realized I should not have called you a pussy. That was sexist and unfair to vaginas.

I should have called you a weak minded simp. I am sorry.

Don't be homophobic, be better than that.

Also, kink shaming in not a good look either.

LOL we're all good and its all in good clean fun. I just didn't know what I said that got me singled out as the leave Brittany alone guy. I'm definitely an "opinions are nothing more than opinions guy" and totally respect that. Just want to be clear that I wasn't trying to make it personal or take shots at anybody.

But the leave Brittany alone guy??? Well played sir well played.

Have a good weekend. Save the neck for me Clark.

YARN | Save the neck for me, Clark. Okay, Eddie. | National Lampoon's  Christmas Vacation (1989) | Video gifs by quotes | 6dccb028 | 紗

I mean this is such a weird season. I can't sit here and say with any certainty what they should be ranked. I mean no way are we top 10. Yet I can see arguments for 20 or lower. Yet we only have 2 losses with only 1 of them being what I'd describe as 'bad'. Some of the big wins against opponents who were highly ranked when we played them. Now granted as the season has played out none of these teams have proven to be all that good be it PSU, ISU or Indiana especially since we've played them.

Our style of play often lends itself to the scores being close and keeping teams that we are better then in the games more so then they should be. But this yr even more so then ever. Show me a team with an offense that can't run the ball and puts out less then 300 yards/game that's been rated lets say top 15 or higher?

Now we are going into the final regular season game against Nebraska who only has 3 wins and we are under dogs!? Yet rightfully so based on how both of us have played this season and recently. How many times has two teams with that large of difference between them record wise has had that happen? I'm almost glad we lost to Purdue because then we'd have to be a top 10 ranked 1 loss team maybe 5ish. Even had we beat Purdue by 3 points none of us who live and die on every snap could tell ourselves that Iowa is really that good. Yes the D has been great and top 5 worthy in that department. So has special teams. But the O drags down the average so much so that if we are grading on a curve I can't say they are that dang good. Any Joe blow school can run the ball twice for 3 yards throw an incompletion and punt over and over.

I just have a tough time trying to figure out what's what now that this season is winding down. Nothing would surprise me with this last game. I want to beat NE by 25. But I'd settle for another last second kick if it came to it. But losing to them shouldn't surprise us for those of us paying attention either. So we'll see what happens and go bowling somewhere wa
We are a young team with a 9-2 record, soon to be 10-2. Good season but plenty to work on for next year for sure

Last edited:
You're just looking for an excuse to root against the Goofers. Can't say I'd be against Iowa playing in the conference championship, but I'm not going to root for Minnesota either.

Yeah, I don't like to see Minnesota win, Ever

The way I see the situation is:

The winner of the Big Ten West, whether Iowa or Wisconsin will Not Win
The Big Ten Championship, and will probably suffer a severe loss to Ohio State
who has 4/5 Star players sitting on the bench

I still have nightmares concerning the Stanford game

There are people who are complaining about a 9-2 record and would still
complain about a 10-2 season, either of which exceeds any sane person's
expectations before the season started

I would personally feel better about a 10-2 season going into the bowl games,
assuming we beat the huskers

We can't afford to lose any more starters at this point, and the possibilities of
suffering injuries in a Big Championship game are quite possible

If both the Hawks and Badgers win, they will go on record as co-winners of the BIg West

The best teams know how to win

No matter what stands in their way

Raise your hand if you thought the Hawks
would be on the verge of a 10-2 season

It is much better Not to play Ohio State for the
Big Championship

They can't wait and salivate at the mere thought
of playing the Hawks after that Solid Ass-Kicking
the last time we played

We put 54 points on those punks and hastened
Urban Myer's departure

Beat the huskers and we could very well play on New Year's Day

It's All Good

I don't think Iowa's offense was quite as bad against Illinois as many seem to think. It's true that there were few passing plays and drops on a number of catchable balls. Iowa's offense did have more first downs than Illinois 17 vs. 11. Time of possession was pretty good at around 36 minutes vs. 24 minutes. Mostly running plays will do that. Drive numbers were decent, not great but decent. There were five drives of over 6 plays, two of those for 11 plays. There was only one offensive touchdown, but four field goals.

Offensive Drives:

1st Half
8-plays Downs after bad snap to punter
7-plays Touchdown
11-plays FG
3-plays Punt
4-plays Missed FG

2nd Half
11-plays FG
6-plays Punt
3-plays Punt
3-plays Punt
5-plays FG
2-plays Interception
7-plays FG

The offense successfully crawled out of a hole in the first half. After the 11-play FG to start the second half the offense sputtered with a series of quick outs. Iowa did get three field goals in the second half.

Iowa had one deep pass play in the game. That was the 28 yard pass to Bruce on the touchdown drive. There were three intermediate passes in the game, a 12 yard to Johnson in the first drive and a 12 yard pass to Ragaini on the third drive. A 17 yard pass to Bruce on the second drive was the only complete pass of the second half. There were only two passes less than ten yard, both in the first half.

Defense did its job. Two turnovers netted Illinois only 3 points. Likewise the exchange of multiple punts in the second half only got Illinois 3 points.

Yep. Not wanting to play in Indy because they may (or probably) will get their ass handed to them is complete loser mentality.
I agree. I want to play the best and see how we stand up against the best competition out there. For that to happen first we need to win the game against Nebraska (iffy) and then have an foreseeable upset of Wisconsin against Minnesota.

Just getting to the title game is a big deal. Helps with recruiting. Fans get to say we were the best in the West for one year. 2015 is quickly fading in the rear view mirror. The 2004 conference title went out with the dinosaurs. To find this acceptable is troubling.