How far north will I get 1040?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky28
When I lived in MN, I'd lose the signal around the border during the days... but after night fall I could sometimes get it as far as Int'l Falls...
In the early 70's WHO had a program called Country Music USA that had the slogan "coast to coast, border to border and then some." It was followed by reruns of the old radio program Lum and Abner. Then it was time to tune in to KAAY from Little Rock and be educated by Beaker Street, hosted by the legendary "Clyde Clifford" which was followed by a broadcast of various old radio programs via Beaker Theater.

Dude, I'd forgotten about, I was young, but use to love Beaker Street and remember KAAY too. Thanks for the memory!

AM radio in the 60's and 70's was great... especially at night! I remember KAAY too, and KOMA in OKC, WLS in Chicago, WOAI in San Antonio. Great rock and roll/pop stations that you could listen to all night long.:cool:

In the early 70's WHO had a program called Country Music USA that had the slogan "coast to coast, border to border and then some." It was followed by reruns of the old radio program Lum and Abner. Then it was time to tune in to KAAY from Little Rock and be educated by Beaker Street, hosted by the legendary "Clyde Clifford" which was followed by a broadcast of various old radio programs via Beaker Theater.

Always loved the "and then some". I've listened to it as far away as New Mexico. Not quite "and then some", but close.

Nothing to do with the question, but when I was moving from Chicago to Phoenix I was picking up WLS out of Chicago while I was in the Texas Panhandle.

Latest posts