How does recruiting end up for the year?

I think Jaleel sticks w/his verbal also. MSU got on the bus a little too late, seats taken.

You must not have seen his tweets that he is bored out of his mind in Iowa City and the tweets he sent to MSU DT Worthy asking him for advice........

Rob Howe just interviewed Reese Fleming on KCJJ. They spoke about Jaleel and Reese thinks that Jaleel will end up at Iowa. Reese also said that he talks to Jaleel everyday. Take it for what it's worth.

Rob Howe just interviewed Reese Fleming on KCJJ. They spoke about Jaleel and Reese thinks that Jaleel will end up at Iowa. Reese also said that he talks to Jaleel everyday. Take it for what it's worth.

That is positive for Iowa - perhaps Jaleel is messing with people on twitter....the tweet to Worthy was a bit odd.

I just don't see a way in which he visits MSU and ends up at Iowa. Considering the timing of the visit.

That is positive for Iowa - perhaps Jaleel is messing with people on twitter....the tweet to Worthy was a bit odd.

I just don't see a way in which he visits MSU and ends up at Iowa. Considering the timing of the visit.

exactly why i don't get too invested in recruiting. this happens every year, too much drama for me. i keep an eye on it, but don't really spend much time on it till the LOI's are in.

Lohn to Stanford...I am two for two so far with Lohn and Golden going elsewhere.

Well you had Lohn going to KSU which wasn't in his top 3, so i don't give you credit for that one. Golden fine, I think that was an obvious one as well.

As far as JJ goes, I don't know. I honestly thought he'd get to IC and love it, but apparently as you say he is bored. Well he could love or hate MSU next weekend. We don't know. I'm hoping his friendship with Flemming and Ekakite help out more than the words he hears from Dantonio.

its not over yet there is a good chance Iowa moves into the top 30 range, sure is funny how sensative people are, not to mention nervous nellies

That is positive for Iowa - perhaps Jaleel is messing with people on twitter....the tweet to Worthy was a bit odd. I just don't see a way in which he visits MSU and ends up at Iowa. Considering the timing of the visit.
exactly why i don't get too invested in recruiting. this happens every year, too much drama for me. i keep an eye on it, but don't really spend much time on it till the LOI's are in.

This.

come back in 4 yrs...then, if IA is 6-6, you will be correct.

You are correct sir. Additionally, and I know everyone is amped up with excitement. If KF finishes above 40th nationally that would be a better than average class for us. The problem is the rate of attrition of guys from previous classes and I think that's what'll hurt us going forward. Now maybe the new coaching staff will be better at recruiting guys that will make it. Coach K was a suspect hired all along with everything from recruiting to the way he treated the kids. Good luck Nebraska your time is coming!

The best class we've had under KF was the Moeaki, Dace, Christiansen class which was Top 10 and even with the defections we were a Top 10 team. Maybe 4 and 5 star recruits do make a difference!

Let's let it all shake out before we judge. There are still a LOT of dominos that have to fall. We could end up w/ a great class or a so-so class. I think we'll end up 30-35 class rank.

I think a lot it will depend on who the DC is. I think KF needs to make a decision this week or we will lose some commits and if he makes a strong hire it may help to swing some of the kids on the fence. I am a little disappointed by the time it has taken to hire(announce) someone but I too work for the state so I know somethings can be out of his hands due to regulations etc that must be followed. I really hope the announcement comes monday and the recruits this weekend got informed of where KF was going with this hire.

I think a lot it will depend on who the DC is. I think KF needs to make a decision this week or we will lose some commits and if he makes a strong hire it may help to swing some of the kids on the fence. I am a little disappointed by the time it has taken to hire(announce) someone but I too work for the state so I know somethings can be out of his hands due to regulations etc that must be followed. I really hope the announcement comes monday and the recruits this weekend got informed of where KF was going with this hire.

I don't think any recruits will say that not having a DC in place by signing day is why they decided to not come to Iowa. Many have been recruited by other coaches still on the Iowa staff outside the kids from FL.

I think there have been many pro/college coaches that have expressed interest in the position including coaches still participating in the NFL playoffs. Kirk is doing his due diligence and allowing those interested parties to interview once they have filled their coaching obligations for the current year. Kirk is doing what he said he would do which conduct a through process to find who he thinks is the right coach. We will have a DC in place before spring practice.

it's hire, you dolt!

recruits have so much input in the decision they are trying to make. I can't imagine trying to sort all that out. i'll just take what we get and hope for the best

Jaleel is still making his trip to MSU this weekend......if true - does Kirk pull his scholly as in the past OR is DT too big of need and we ride it out and see what happens??????

it may be avg by recruiting points go but as of now there are 4 4*, 11 3*, 3 2* recruits committed, with the real possibility of 1 more 4* and 5 more 3* committs,
this with the last two classes with just 5 2* recruits is getting better.
the reason i say this is that prior to the last 2 tears Iowa has gotten 11-12 2 * players per year and this goes back to the year 2000. to finally cut the # of 2* talent to 5 per year is a very big improvement
this fall or next should start to show the effects of this.
then you start to figure in the types of recruits we are getting. we are not getting kids that have to be switched from one position to another nor are they getting kids that need to gain massive amounts of weight.
we have gotten 3-4 true WR which means we don't need to take QB and turn him into a WR, also the WR are over 6'1 and run 4.4 40's
the OL we are starting to get are 275-295 that just need a little fat trimmed off and good muscle weight on, rather than 235 TE and put 60-70 lbs on them, this hold true on the DL now. this will be the 3rd straight year Iowa as gotten a 4* RB, Wegher, Coker and now Garmon.
this class could end up with 5 4*'s, 17 3*'s and 3 2*'s which should put into the 20's as far as class rankings, obviously it doesn't translate into success on the field but it does make an impression on the media and outsiders.

Latest posts