How does Fran keep the stink from carrying over to next season?

At my place of employment we blocked Facebook and Twitter on computers. The area where I do work the average age is between 18-22. You would have never guessed the outrage of us doing it, like we were cutting off a body part.

Imagine having your tongue cut out. Social media is how they talk to each other. I've witnessed a large group of teenagers in the same room not speaking to each other directly but over their phones/ipads/electronic devises/etc. I honestly thought it was a joke and they were putting on a show initially. It amazed me.

I have no doubt that KF has lost recruits over his no twitter rule. People may laugh at that statement but twitter and social media is their lifeline to the rest of the world.

Imagine having your tongue cut out. Social media is how they talk to each other. I've witnessed a large group of teenagers in the same room not speaking to each other directly but over their phones/ipads/electronic devises/etc. I honestly thought it was a joke and they were putting on a show initially. It amazed me.

I have no doubt that KF has lost recruits over his no twitter rule. People may laugh at that statement but twitter and social media is their lifeline to the rest of the world.

And when he say the rest of the world...he means b!tches. Holla.

You fix it by letting the problems graduate.

Next year he will have one player that is considered a favorite on this years team. I could see a few of the players going all code red on him if this **** continues.

Next years team will be Mike Gs to run without interference or the need to look over his shoulder. He is a much better PG than some would like to give credit. He will run this team and it's offense the way its designed to run.

Addition by subtraction.

Here's a tortured metaphor for you: just as I think some posters got around a banning from HSN, Iowa players are getting around a banning from twitter.

The players need the offseason break to clear minds and work on games. Three players leave and at least 3 players arrive...roster turnover. The dynamics change completely from year to year in college basketball. Make the NCAA tournament. Win a game in the NCAA.

It will be interesting. I think the seniors have been a major problem. While Marble has played well, there is a major disconnect between him and the rest of the team.

This has been my thinking for awhile. He was barking at guys last night, but usually White is the one that I have noticed as being the on court leader. Last night it looked like Marble was yelling at guys for mistakes rather than trying to lead. Granted, you have to balance pointing out mistakes and giving instructions, but it looked like all he did was criticize last night.

This was a team that you could tell was feeling the pressure last night from the recent slide. The defense was better last night, but teams are playing with confidence against Iowa right now and even contested shots are going in regularly now. How the heck does Gesell go 0-10 last night?

Wish I knew what the answer was to fix this team's issues that appear to be chemistry and between the ears. But if I knew how to fix those problems I'd still be coaching.

Latest posts