How does Fran keep the stink from carrying over to next season?

Fran would benefit from NOT playing favorites. There is absolutely NO reason why you have Oglesby in there playing NO D.

This all goes back to the twitter incident. This whole thing stinks of a team revolting against their coach because he took away something and they all got mad about it. Fran should have used it as fire, instead he punished the team and they took it the wrong direction.

It will be interesting. I think the seniors have been a major problem. While Marble has played well, there is a major disconnect between him and the rest of the team.
Mccabes episode a few weeks ago along with his play have been awful (aside from tonight as i thought he played well).
And Basabe has started the last 5 games or whatever but has he done anything? I mean anything?
I think their are problems between the younger players and the current crop of seniors. Nobody talks. Marble literally does not talk to anybody. He is clearly in the "im gonna get mine and f*ck the rest of you guys" mode. Its been that way for a month too.

This all goes back to the twitter incident. This whole thing stinks of a team revolting against their coach because he took away something and they all got mad about it. Fran should have used it as fire, instead he punished the team and they took it the wrong direction.

Ok, if that caused this entire collapse...what a bunch of babies...

Well, it sure seems like the rest of the team developed McCabe's "I don't give a **** attitude" about this time.

Hopefully this isn't like the 2010 football team, KF still hasn't recovered from that team and probably never will

Agreed. Very similar. In fact i started a thread about it a week or so ago.
If this crop of players misses the tourney it would be more disappointing than the 2010 football season.

It will be interesting. I think the seniors have been a major problem. While Marble has played well, there is a major disconnect between him and the rest of the team.
Mccabes episode a few weeks ago along with his play have been awful (aside from tonight as i thought he played well).
And Basabe has started the last 5 games or whatever but has he done anything? I mean anything?
I think their are problems between the younger players and the current crop of seniors. Nobody talks. Marble literally does not talk to anybody. He is clearly in the "im gonna get mine and f*ck the rest of you guys" mode. Its been that way for a month too.

Bad chemistry on this team is very obvious.

Sure hope you are being sacastic.... because if the players are pisse d about no twitter.... then the hell with them and any other college athlete that puts that above the effort or the sport they play.

Somebody needs to get fired for that performance. Seriously. How you lose to Illinois at home and NW with as much talent on the team is beyond me. Just sad and pathetic.

Let me give you a little glimpse into the remainder of Franny MAD's tenure at Iowa:

1.13743-C0141244-Black_hole_artwork-SPL-1.jpg

Sure hope you are being sacastic.... because if the players are pisse d about no twitter.... then the hell with them and any other college athlete that puts that above the effort or the sport they play.

I don't think it's just about twitter directly, more along the lines of how Fran treats them. Every time I think about the team's chemistry I think about moments like this.

BB_OlS2CQAAGOli1_thumb.jpg

8158116-LAS-NCAA-College-Basketball_-Iowa-vs-Wisconsin-01_19_2013-21.53.54.jpg

And the last one...just look at White's face.

Fran-angry.jpg

Taking twitter privileges away from a group of 18-22 year olds is second only to actually taking away their actual cell phones in terms of things that will **** them off. It is their main method of communication. I laugh at it personally but it is what it is.

Taking twitter privileges away from a group of 18-22 year olds is second only to actually taking away their actual cell phones in terms of things that will **** them off. It is their main method of communication. I laugh at it personally but it is what it is.

At my place of employment we blocked Facebook and Twitter on computers. The area where I do work the average age is between 18-22. You would have never guessed the outrage of us doing it, like we were cutting off a body part.

Latest posts