How does Florida end up in the Outback bowl?

hawkeye12345

There are certainly some shenanigans going on this year.

Current BCS Rankings (in order) for SEC
Auburn - plays for NC in BCS game
Arkansas - BCS game
LSU - Cotton Bowl
'Bama - Cap1
SC - Chick-fil-A
Miss St - Gator

Florida - Outback

Oh wait, I know, have your coach announce he's going to retire and you end up in a better bowl. Ridiculous.

There are certainly some shenanigans going on this year.

Current BCS Rankings (in order) for SEC
Auburn - plays for NC in BCS game
Arkansas - BCS game
LSU - Cotton Bowl
'Bama - Cap1
SC - Chick-fil-A
Miss St - Gator

Florida - Outback

Oh wait, I know, have your coach announce he's going to retire and you end up in a better bowl. Ridiculous.

They not only bring a lot of fans, they bring their own refs..

Chick-fil-A and the Outback made a trade ... simple and straighforward. The end result is two better matchups and bowl desitnations closer to home for both SC and Florida. What's the problem here?

Penn State will fill the hotels, Florida will fill the stadium, plain and simple. I doubt South Carolina fans would have traveled all that well given their loss to Auburn, they all traveled to Atlanta already (short trip though).

I feel bad for SC, they get/have to go back to the Georgia Dome and play there again just 4 weeks later. A Florida bowl would have done them a lot more good.

Penn State will fill the hotels, Florida will fill the stadium, plain and simple. I doubt South Carolina fans would have traveled all that well given their loss to Auburn, they all traveled to Atlanta already (short trip though).

I feel bad for SC, they get/have to go back to the Georgia Dome and play there again just 4 weeks later. A Florida bowl would have done them a lot more good.

Are you ******** me? I bet SC fans are pumped they get a short trip to ATL for their bowl game! Like if we played a bowl in STL or KC

Are you ******** me? I bet SC fans are pumped they get a short trip to ATL for their bowl game! Like if we played a bowl in STL or KC

Pumped to get jumped by a Florida team they beat a few weeks ago? I highly doubt that. A New Year's Day Outback Bowl is much more lucrative regardless of what they may say publicly. Outback took Florida to fill seats plain and simple. Playing at the same Georgia Done venue you just went to a few weeks ago is a serious punch in the gut for SC fans.

Yeah, remember when Greenway got called offsides on the onside kick....horrible refs

I sincerely hope that you're either being sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek here, or you're just not very old (like under 18). Otherwise.....is that a serious question? Nobody doesn't remember that man. I can think of a couple other horrible calls in that game off the top of my head (and most people remember those too).

Chick-fil-A and the Outback made a trade ... simple and straighforward. The end result is two better matchups and bowl desitnations closer to home for both SC and Florida. What's the problem here?

I know how it happened, I don't like why it happened. The bowls used to be a reward for the players (and the fans). The affiliations and tie ins are crap.

I know how it happened, I don't like why it happened. The bowls used to be a reward for the players (and the fans). The affiliations and tie ins are crap.

I choose not to b*tch about this sort of thing. After all, those in glass houses.........

We've benefitted from this sort of thing more than once. I don't think it's right, either, but the bowls have to look out for themselves as best they can.

Latest posts