How do you like it so far? Just wait!

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Our last 5 (7 really) games will feature some of the best competition of the year for us and will determine where we finish in the standings and how happy we all are. We play Wisc. twice, an up-and-coming Ohio St. team and our only meeting with league leader Mich (in Ann Arbor). The 2 games b4 that are with Rutgers and Mich. St (at their place). Rutgers is trending down and Sparty is down now, but both have elite talent. OMG, what a tough league!! Any predictions/thoughts?

Unless you're playing nebraska, there's no possibility of predicting B1G wins/losses. And yes, I'm serious.

Yup rubber is meeting the road. We'll have to earn each and every game. The cliche one game at a time one possession at a time is a thing for a reason.

Those teams are saying that about us too though. I mean Garza is still Garza,
JBo has been playing even better then he ever has these last 2 weeks or so
JW snapped out of having a few bad games with a really good one against MN

Those 3 dudes playing well just makes us a matchup nightmare for everyone else. If we can get CJ his mojo going again.... I'd be curious to know how other teams look at us. With a kid like Murray coming out of nowhere off the bench has to make them shaking in their boots some

This is why kids wanna play in the B1G.....better competition, unpredictable outcomes, road play is brutal. Who knows, Iowa may say F it, and run the table. ..or, we stumble and have to listen to all the naysayers and Debbie Downer's. The B1G is life boys, too unpredictable. Sit back, enjoy it, and cheer. It's all we have

I don't know what Iowa will do but they come to play every game, lots of teams are taking nights off. Iowa will probable have a chance to win every game they play minus one or two big losses. That's all you can ask. The Big is Good, watched a very talented young Indiana team that should have beaten Wincy. Iowa is the deepest team in the league with players that might be starters elsewhere, with no home crowd advantage this is an ideal year to have a smart experienced team but still have hungry bench players. JBo has shaken off the cobwebs and looks like the assassin he was and playing the best defense of his career. I like Iowa's chances to hang in there until the final weeks of the season.

I'm watching Wisconsin and Michigan.....damn good game. I like our chances as well, but these two teams will have something to say.....hate'm both....great league.....love all the battles

Our last 5 (7 really) games will feature some of the best competition of the year for us and will determine where we finish in the standings and how happy we all are. We play Wisc. twice, an up-and-coming Ohio St. team and our only meeting with league leader Mich (in Ann Arbor). The 2 games b4 that are with Rutgers and Mich. St (at their place). Rutgers is trending down and Sparty is down now, but both have elite talent. OMG, what a tough league!! Any predictions/thoughts?
Here's a thought. Some people who have been quiet most of the season but waiting for the Phebruary Philly Phran Phade will be ready to pounce like a cat on a mouse.

Until recently Michigan hadn't really played anyone. But they smacked around Wisconsin like they were their bitch. Sometimes when that snowball gets going there's just no stopping it. I'm not sure if that's kinda what happened with them or not. Regardless Michigan is legit. Wish we played em twice and or at our place... Is what it is we'll need to take care of business and be on our A game to beat em it looks like.

People need to chill the F out about Wisconsin and Michigan.

We don't play them until the end of the year and a whole lot will change between now and then. Hell we could drop 4 or 5 games somehow and then the conversation turns to staying alive, let alone winning the B1G.

And those teams could both do the same thing. This is by far the toughest conference in college basketball and no teams are going to walk through the Big Ten. Michigan will slip up at some point and so will everyone else.

Michigan played extremely well last night against Wisky. They could do no wrong for quite a stretch in that game on both ends of the court. One would expect that Michigan will probably have a game where shots aren't dropping as easily and I hope that is against the Hawks. That being said, their ability to defend probably remains consistence and they are going to be tough to beat. Hawks will need to be firing on all cylinders when they play Michigan or it could get ugly in a heartbeat.

It's more about positioning ourselves for those final 5 games, the first of which is on March 4th. Not saying any of our games will be easy, but we have 9 games left through the end of February. 2 of those 9 games are against ranked teams. If we take care of business like we should, we'll be fine.

Latest posts