How do you feel

Notre Dame absolutely trucked Stanford's D, and ND ain't as good as Iowa. If Iowa executes on offense, Iowa wins.

As for feelings regarding the game, I don't have any. I don't devote much stress capital to things beyond my sphere of influence.

Notre Dame absolutely trucked Stanford's D, and ND ain't as good as Iowa. If Iowa executes on offense, Iowa wins.

As for feelings regarding the game, I don't have any. I don't devote much stress capital to things beyond my sphere of influence.

Great post.

I'd be lying if I said I was pumped. It's too bad because it's the Rose Bowl, but this doesn't even compare to my excitement/anticipation going into Indy with what was on the line. I'm looking forward to the pageantry and everything else that goes along with the game, but if Iowa were to lose, it won't crush me even close to as bad as the MSU game.

dumb-dumber-1-1.jpg

It don't matter one bit what Notre Dame did to Stanford, Just 2 weeks prior to that Iowa's D was getting trucked by Minnesota. Point is these type of games happen during a season.

Watching Wisky dominate USC in the running game, feeling like PAC 12 teams are overrated. Iowa should be able to ground and pound the trees. It's is only halftime so maybe USC is waiting to turn it on? Still feeling Iowa will win.

Watching Wisky dominate USC in the running game, feeling like PAC 12 teams are overrated. Iowa should be able to ground and pound the trees. It's is only halftime so maybe USC is waiting to turn it on? Still feeling Iowa will win.

Wisky D playing really well. And yet USC's athletes remind us that their just 1 play away from a house call.

Really don't see Stanford winning the line of scrimmage. Also factor in that this senior class has a really bad taste in there mouth from the bowl game last year against Tennessee. Really anxious to see Jordan Canzeri in his last game as a Hawk if he really is 100% I think Jordan has ability to outshine Christian McCaffery in this game as I believe the Hawks will own the line of scrimmage. Our beloved Hawks will come out focused and manage to do something the great Hayden Fry could not in his tenure as the head man at the University of Iowa and that is win the rose bowl! GO HAWKS!!!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

I'm excited. It took me a while to get excited after Indy. The Rose Bowl has always been the bowl I watch regardless of who's in it. Just the start time and location make it so fun to watch. The sunshine in the first half gives way to shadows and then the lights take effect in the second half. I can't wait to see the Hawks in their home uni's set in that environment.
That said, I'll still be yelling and screaming at the first mistake regardless of how nice it all looks. I'll say the same thing I said before the B10 Championship. I just want Iowa to play well, don't give it away. If Stanford out plays them, so be it. Gotta run it for good yards on first down. Set up CJB with the opportunity to scramble for first downs on 3rd and manageable. Keep moving the chains and hold on to the ball.
Cautiously optimistic with Hawks win at 30-28.

I realize this game isn't the CFP. It's what we wanted, despite NONE of us (aside from you-know-who) contemplating it back in August.

But put THIS in perspective: BTN is doing Cotton Bowl/MSU Media Day. They're doing Rose Bowl/Iowa Media Day. Fiesta/O$U? Not a thing. The BTN "flagship" school is getting minimal pre-bowl mention/publicity.

THAT is how important the Rose Bowl (vs. ALL other bowls) outside the CFP.

I gotta get this out. I've had a bad feeling about this game. Iowa has not really run the ball with any consistency since the Minnesota game. I don't think they'll get much done in the Rose Bowl. Further Iowa's receiving corps just isn't good enough to help CJB out enough.

Meanwhile Stanford stays on schedule scoring as a good team does and after a while in the game, Iowa's O leaves the D out there too long....the D gets tiered...and we have a 3 score loss. Once again, the O is lacking.

I gotta get this out. I've had a bad feeling about this game. Iowa has not really run the ball with any consistency since the Minnesota game. I don't think they'll get much done in the Rose Bowl. Further Iowa's receiving corps just isn't good enough to help CJB out enough.

Meanwhile Stanford stays on schedule scoring as a good team does and after a while in the game, Iowa's O leaves the D out there too long....the D gets tiered...and we have a 3 score loss. Once again, the O is lacking.

<<Iowa has not run the ball with any consistency since the Minnesota game>>

Other than Canzeri going for almost 100 against Purdue and over 100 against Nebraska, I agree...huh?

I highly doubt we'll see a 3-score loss. May not win, but we will not get punked a la MSU.

operative word there is 'consistency'

1 big run against Purude. 2 big runs against Nebraska. Less than that against MSU.

Eh, i don't know if games from over a month ago are an indicator that we'll struggle today.

Latest posts