How disgusting how the Big Ten Title Game loser will likely get punished

Rose Bowl president came out and said after the B1G championship, he presumes the Rose Bowl will select the highest-ranked Big Ten team in the CFP rankings. One would assume Ohio State will jump the Iowa/MSU loser as they would then have two losses.

So it looks like, we win in Indy and go to playoff or we lose in Indy and go to Fiesta or Peach Bowl.

Herby is a Homer and everyone knows that. If I was in his spot I would be lobbying for my team as well.

Correct. The level of competition does matter, but only when that level exceeds the level of the undefeated team.

The fiesta bowl vs notre dame doesn't sound too bad does it? What would suck is playing either north Carolina or Houston. UNC is a great team but them against iowa isn't really interesting to anyone at all...imo. it would be a "who cares" game and after the season iowa just had that would be an unfortunate ending

You're doing the same thing to UNC that everyone has been doing to us all year. I'm interested in watching any games the Hawks play in.

You're doing the same thing to UNC that everyone has been doing to us all year. I'm interested in watching any games the Hawks play in.

No, i'm saying from a national standpoint, nobody will care about the game and it will probably have really bad ratings and low exposure for Iowa compared to a game against ND or Stanford. Of course we will be watching.

Rose Bowl is the ultimate prize if not in playoff, unfortunately the only way we will end up there is if UNC upsets Clemson and OSU gets in...It's just sickening. I would be fine with Fiesta though too as we have family and friends in Pheonix! But, Peach bowl? Yuck...NO desire to travel to Atlanta, GA. Only reason to go there is if ya draw the short straw on a business trip.

Whatever, since the rose bowl is not realistic...I'm banking on the Hawks winning it and Herky sticking his middle finger up to the College football world.

We get a single shot to get ourselves into a playoff for a freaking national title! If we lose we go where they put us. OSU and Iowa would both have a single loss to the same team. How is that unfair?

The other thing not discussed at play here is we had ZERO street cred coming into this season. While we spent 5 years out of the top 25, MSU was winning a lot of games including a big time Rose Bowl matchup with Stanford. Wisky was doing likewise. OSU a national title. That is the reason this fan base had enough after the failure of last season with a much more manageable schedule than this year. Smart fans know what you do counts on the national stage. We do not deserve the benefit of the doubt this year unless we win out. Come next year, we will get a little more street cred based on what we did this year... That's how it works. You gotta prove it first on a national stage.

We get a single shot to get ourselves into a playoff for a freaking national title! If we lose we go where they put us. OSU and Iowa would both have a single loss to the same team. How is that unfair?

The other thing not discussed at play here is we had ZERO street cred coming into this season. While we spent 5 years out of the top 25, MSU was winning a lot of games including a big time Rose Bowl matchup with Stanford. Wisky was doing likewise. OSU a national title. That is the reason this fan base had enough after the failure of last season with a much more manageable schedule than this year. Smart fans know what you do counts on the national stage. We do not deserve the benefit of the doubt this year unless we win out. Come next year, we will get a little more street cred based on what we did this year... That's how it works. You gotta prove it first on a national stage.

I agree totally.

Doesnt matter what Rose Bowl committee thinks. They take the highest ranked non-playoff Big Ten team. So it would come down to who is ranked higher in CFP rankings.
Of course it matters what they think, they said they will take the next highest ranked team. Do you really think if Iowa loses to MSU on Saturday that the Hawks won't drop a single spot in the rankings? Come on...

Latest posts