How did Butler fans react to the Lick firing?

RobKong

I heard that some fans weren't upset to see him go when he left for Iowa, but you never know how genuine that is after the fact. But any idea how they viewed his recent firing?

They should be thankful. We should have left them with Lick and hired their assistant, Brad Stevens.

Maybe then they would have fired Lick and we would be playing today.

Thanks for your insight on the topic. Maybe for the same reasons people around here still care what happens to Lute Olson?

No problem...thanks for your stupid question!:D

If you want REAL insight, I'll go with...Go ask the posters on a Butler board...

They should be thankful. We should have left them with Lick and hired their assistant, Brad Stevens.

Maybe then they would have fired Lick and we would be playing today.

Just out of curiosity, what was Stevens assistant ranking under Lickliter? They surely didn't degrade themselves to the extent that they hired a lowly sub-assistant.

Just out of curiosity, what was Stevens assistant ranking under Lickliter? They surely didn't degrade themselves to the extent that they hired a lowly sub-assistant.

Please, for the last time, promoting within your system is different than hiring an assistant outside your system. Stop offering examples of promoted assistants that did well. I you want to make that argument, you can only make it if you are suggesting that Iowa promote Walthal, Jordan, or Cornette.

I should have asked this on a premium site I guess. Keep the internet tough guy message board know it alls at bay...

Well, if they're dumb enough to spend 10 bucks a month to get the news 2 minutes sooner than the rest of us, they'd probably love your question! :D

On a serious note, calm down RK...any question can get met with "duh"...but we're all Hawk fans and there's no need to hold a grudge.

Latest posts