How can Creighton consistently

Hawkcrush

How da fug can Creighton find guards and Iowa can’t. I am not a baby out with the bath water kind of guy..but it has got to be time for a change. I cannot stand what the prorgram has become. The only word I can use to describe what is going on is apathy. Not sure how any D1 player or coach could be apethetic towards their jobs...but u can’t deny it. Frigin Rutgers will own us if things remain the same. Fran u failed the University and your players. U owe ALL fans a refund and have disgraced the University with your coaching effort.Simply NO excuse for what is happening. I would rather watch H.s. Girls b-ball cuz at least they try to play competitive b-ball. I fuggin hate what Iowa basketball has become. Fran=Lick. He has given up it is ova... time to move on. SAD!!!

Give me a coach that can't stand Mr. Napoleon Complex and you got my support!

usatsi_9947048_153192880_lowres.jpg

Apathy mostly. Thanks for responding. I appreciate your insight and thoughtfulness. It started in one direction then the rage took over. Not sure why I bother really.

Because coach thinks he can win with a roster full of hybrid players playing fast with optional defense. Coach has yet to watch the secrets of developing the hybrid player because he has total faith in his own Championship Defensive DVD.

R-4874A__97134.1446605699.300.300.jpg

The cold reality a lot of fans need to realize is that barta's new deal for fran basically locks Fran in for the next several years at LEAST. they aren't buying him out for $10M or $9M or $7.6M or $6.2M.

So that leaves at least 3 more years of Fran after this season with a $4.7M buyout after that, which is still more money than Steve prohms current buyout. Its truly a ridiculous contract.

Fran has what he wants. Hybrid JL

Just call Fran Dr. Fran-kenstein........creates a roster full of.a bunch of players stitched together of the tall, pale, skinny and mostly unathletic variety that have abnormal court senses. They also play home games in a mostly dead environment. But, they do graduate and sell great bone scanners and supplemental insurance plans.

alive.jpg

Fran+McCaffery+Michigan+State+v+Iowa+ooGSiPobM8Gl.jpg

bad-basketball-players.jpg

Last edited:
Rebuilding year...learning "a" defensive system...academics most important...second to making good citizens...

The cold reality a lot of fans need to realize is that barta's new deal for fran basically locks Fran in for the next several years at LEAST. they aren't buying him out for $10M or $9M or $7.6M or $6.2M.

So that leaves at least 3 more years of Fran after this season with a $4.7M buyout after that, which is still more money than Steve prohms current buyout. Its truly a ridiculous contract.
IDK, if we only win 9 or 10 games next year, I bet they find the $$ to buyout Fran and Gary.

It's the KF plan part 2. Gutless Gary is going to align Fran's contract with the developmental 4 or 5 year cycle. He makes it impossible to buy the contract out until the cycle of Fran's mediocrity reaches it's zenith. A SR laden roster with a 2nd round NCAA beat down. Right about that time, Gutless Gary will give him another extension. Making Fran safe through the trough of the next development cycle. It's pathetic and I hope like Hell Iowa fans see it for the farce it is and stay home! But I'm not holding my breath. The people in this state are idiots.

It's the KF plan part 2. Gutless Gary is going to align Fran's contract with the developmental 4 or 5 year cycle. He makes it impossible to buy the contract out until the cycle of Fran's mediocrity reaches it's zenith. A SR laden roster with a 2nd round NCAA beat down. Right about that time, Gutless Gary will give him another extension. Making Fran safe through the trough of the next development cycle. It's pathetic and I hope like Hell Iowa fans see it for the farce it is and stay home! But I'm not holding my breath. The people in this state are idiots.
Truth^^

That pretty much spells it out. I agree it'd take something pretty crazy to happen for Iowa to fire Fran in the next couple years. I don't think being in the bottom 4 would do it. The buyout is what it is. However in 2-3 yrs when the youngsters get older they might sneak into the dance as a 9 seed so they can make a cameo and get bounced if not in the first round then the second for sure. Then Barta will brag about how good of a job he's done secretly extend him and the cycle can be repeated.
Barta's had a hell of a career at Iowa. I mean to survive that deal with the lesbians is beyond me. In this culture you'd think Iowa as liberal of an institution as it is would have shown him the door pretty fast. I think it just goes to show you that as deeply entrenched as some are ideology wise money still trumps all. He's made a ton of money for the programs and that's the end all be all pretty much.

He's made a ton of money for the programs and that's the end all be all pretty much.
The money is largely on auto-pilot with the ticket sales having a pretty hard minimum it appears and the B1G TV revenue is not performance based. So Barta isn't bringing in that money. You could have no AD and the athletic revenue would go largely unchanged.

The money is largely on auto-pilot with the ticket sales having a pretty hard minimum it appears and the B1G TV revenue is not performance based. So Barta isn't bringing in that money. You could have no AD and the athletic revenue would go largely unchanged.
Oh he does a ton of fund raising. I would say that's his primary focus. He's been behind the organizing of the football facility being built the press box and now the north end zone. Also the basketball practice facility. He's gotten a lot of that stuff done without having to touch public $ making him a god to the powers that be at the University. In this article it notes how he raised 48 million big ones just last yr. I don't think that's anything to sneeze at. https://www.landof10.com/iowa/gary-...owa-hawkeyes-athletic-director-told-reporters

Oh he does a ton of fund raising. I would say that's his primary focus. He's been behind the organizing of the football facility being built the press box and now the north end zone. Also the basketball practice facility. He's gotten a lot of that stuff done without having to touch public $ making him a god to the powers that be at the University. In this article it notes how he raised 48 million big ones just last yr. I don't think that's anything to sneeze at. https://www.landof10.com/iowa/gary-...owa-hawkeyes-athletic-director-told-reporters
Well then as I've said elsewhere, make him CFO of the athletic department and hire someone who cares more about sports performance than money.

Also reading the article, he doesn't use email with the coaches? To me it is unacceptable to intentionally make sure key conversations with key university employees are not in the public record. Sounds like he has a lot to hide.

Well then as I've said elsewhere, make him CFO of the athletic department and hire someone who cares more about sports performance than money.

Also reading the article, he doesn't use email with the coaches? To me it is unacceptable to intentionally make sure key conversations with key university employees are not in the public record. Sounds like he has a lot to hide.
Well there's probably email communicado going on just not from the school paid for equipment/accounts. Those guys have phones probably in their wifes names with email accounts not known by the schools in which they communicate in that way some I'm sure just to as you say keep it on the down low from being found out about. Those guys have multiple phones. Sure they have the free one the school provides but it's mostly for show.

Latest posts