How bout 2 seed w Baylor or Illini

nilekinnick

Seems like we are always projected in west with Gonzaga as 2 or 3

going with gonz, mich, Baylor, Illini as 1 seeds

I'll probably get eaten alive for this, but I think Iowa can still nab a 1. We are 5th in NET as it is. Win out, get to B10 championship game...I don't think it's inconceivable.
I have watched MI, IL, WI, and Purdue tonight. I want to play any or all of them in the BT tournament. We win three of four.

T
I said this in another thread. Winning out means probable wins over Mich & Illinois. I think it would be hard for the committee to over look that.

Simply my $0.02 .. ..
That would be 9? Quad One wins?

He didn’t play. The talking heads were trying to suggest he was the guy that might pass Garza for POY. But he sat 3 games and they blew out Michigan without him. It looks like the rest of the team is pretty good.
Pretty good and also a great job of gamesmanship by Underwood. He was ornery with the press all week and it seemed took take the pressure off his players.

I knew Michigan was overdue for a clunker, posted it last week. Unfortunately that clunker didn't come against Iowa.

Michigan is still likely a lock. Zags for sure are. Illinois is making a strong case.

If Iowa wins out, they will get a #1 seed somehow, but I don't think they have to win out. Baylor could continue to fade and Iowa could beat Illinois in the semis of the conference tourney and make the case to jump Illinois. A lot of ball left before selection Sunday.

I was wondering if anyone knows why we are always in Gonzaga's bracket in everyone's Bracketology?

Is there something that dictates which teams go where?

Last edited:
Kind of wondering that myself. In years past it might be due to location of the games. This year not so much.

I would think the committee would want a rematch at the Final 4. Maybe I'm not that smart.

Simy my $0.02 .. ..

I was wondering if anyone knows why we are always in Gonzaga's bracket in everyone's Bracketology?

Is there something that dictates which teams go where?
The teams are ranked from the best [in the committee's eyes], which gets the #1 one seed, down to the 64th team [the last 16 seed]. The number 1 and 2 one seeds are placed in opposite brackets to possibly set up a meeting of those two teams.
The # 3 one seed is placed on the same side as the #2 one seed, with the last 1 seed in the bracket below the over-all top one seed. [If you note, the 1 and 4 seed adds up to 5, with the # 2 and 3 one seeds also adding up to 5.]
Once the one seeds are placed in different brackets, the same procedure is followed with the 2 seeds, but in reverse order [for balance].
In other words, the bracket with the least highly seeded one seed, will get the highest-seeded 2 seed and so on.
Did I explain that correctly?
Just fate we always seem to be in the Zag's bracket, as they are continually changing.

The teams are ranked from the best [in the committee's eyes], which gets the #1 one seed, down to the 64th team [the last 16 seed]. The number 1 and 2 one seeds are placed in opposite brackets to possibly set up a meeting of those two teams.
The # 3 one seed is placed on the same side as the #2 one seed, with the last 1 seed in the bracket below the over-all top one seed. [If you note, the 1 and 4 seed adds up to 5, with the # 2 and 3 one seeds also adding up to 5.]
Once the one seeds are placed in different brackets, the same procedure is followed with the 2 seeds, but in reverse order [for balance].
In other words, the bracket with the least highly seeded one seed, will get the highest-seeded 2 seed and so on.
Did I explain that correctly?
Just fate we always seem to be in the Zag's bracket, as they are continually changing.
I believe they avoid putting a 1 and 2 seed from the same conference in the same region. With two 1 seeds from the B1G, there aren't that many options.

Pretty good and also a great job of gamesmanship by Underwood. He was ornery with the press all week and it seemed took take the pressure off his players.

I knew Michigan was overdue for a clunker, posted it last week. Unfortunately that clunker didn't come against Iowa.
So you think Underwood’s approach was better than Pitino telling his team his job is in jeopardy...down 24 and giving no effort?

I wonder if Liam Robbins would like to play his senior year and COVID senior year closer to home when his HC and his uncle are no longer at MN.

Edit - I would take him in a heartbeat.

Latest posts