How bad it must suck to be that guy...

The trustee president? the Joepa lovers were really grilliing him "What would be the harm in letting Joe finish the year?"

The trustee president? the Joepa lovers were really grilliing him "What would be the harm in letting Joe finish the year?"

Ya i heard that too. You could really hear the attitude/****** off tones in their voices as he was ducking questions left and right.

Was thinking the same thing. Anyone know the guy's position at Penn State? Sad that all of the higher up's get fired and they have to bring in someone like that

How bad must it suck to have been one of sandusky's victims??
Let's not lose perspective.

How bad would it suck to have an old football coach rape you as a young boy, and no one in the athletic dept cared?

It sounded like they let some student journalist in the room. They were awful and an embarrassment to the rest of the journalist that were there.

He shouldn't have caved and told the media that they fired him via phone. He refused to answer that question the first time. Not sure why he did it the second.

Surma, the Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees, kept saying that he wanted to do what is in the best interests of the University. Well, if that is true, then he should immediately resign his spot on the Board. He didn't do the University any favors with his performance tonight.

Surma, the Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees, kept saying that he wanted to do what is in the best interests of the University. Well, if that is true, then he should immediately resign his spot on the Board. He didn't do the University any favors with his performance tonight.

Okay? What's your reasoning? I thought he did okay in a tough situation.

You can't go on national television and announce the termination of such a high profile employee of the University and then refuse to give a reason. If the reason for termination is that the Board believes that Coach Paterno failed to live up to the moral requirements of the position of Head Football Coach at Penn St. University, that's a reasonable conclusion of the Board. Man up and say it. By not stating the reason for termination clearly, then it appears the Board is taking reactive measures to stop the media onslaught and backlash. That is weak and not very effective leadership in my opinion.

You can't go on national television and announce the termination of such a high profile employee of the University and then refuse to give a reason. If the reason for termination is that the Board believes that Coach Paterno failed to live up to the moral requirements of the position of Head Football Coach at Penn St. University, that's a reasonable conclusion of the Board. Man up and say it. By not stating the reason for termination clearly, then it appears the Board is taking reactive measures to stop the media onslaught and backlash. That is weak and not very effective leadership in my opinion.
This im totallu behind the firing but the announcement from a pr viewpoint handled pretty badly. Just say he "failed to meet the moral and ethical standards we strive to maintain at psu"

Latest posts