How about Dana Holgorsen coming home to Iowa?

jeberhardt

Just watching the Orange Bowl and can't help but be impressed with Holgorsen. He's only 41 and could be a great replacement for KF down the road. Plus he would bring the up beat exciting offense and energy we all want. He also grew up in Mt Pleasant and graduated from Mt. Pleasant High School and Iowa Wesleyan College. I don't know what his feelings are about coming back to Iowa, but I grew up in Mt. Pleasant and it is definitely Hawkeye country.

Just something to keep our eyes on.

Yes, because a guy that has never coached in the Big Ten would certainly want to make a lateral move to a lower profile team in a much tougher conference.

Brilliant.

Yes, because a guy that has never coached in the Big Ten would certainly want to make a lateral move to a lower profile team in a much tougher conference.Brilliant.

You know what Holgersen wants to do? Maybe he does want the Iowa job down the road. Oh I forgot, you're always right, and everyone else is wrong to even think otherwise. ********

Yes, because a guy that has never coached in the Big Ten would certainly want to make a lateral move to a lower profile team in a much tougher conference.Brilliant.

Gawd you are SUCH a giant douch! You have to be an absolutely miserable *** person in the real world.

I missed the part where we became a lower profile team. I didn't know that WV was such a powerhouse playing in the big least n all..

Yes, because a guy that has never coached in the Big Ten would certainly want to make a lateral move to a lower profile team in a much tougher conference.

Brilliant.

Not only are you a d-bag, but you are also wrong. WV to Iowa is not a lateral move. Moving from an above average Big East team to a top tier or even middle tier big ten school is definitely a move up, why don't you look up coaches salaries, football attendance and athletic budgets for the top big ten schools verses the top Big East schools?

Ask Rich Rod, who didn't seem to hesitate to bolt WVU to take over a down michigan program.

Ok I agree with above post....but Michigan is a whole different beast....even when down...theyre still michigan

Brilliant.
Seems quite appropriate that this was post #666 for you.

Has everyone forgotten that once legal issues are resolved, WVU is Big 12 bound? To the best of my knowledge Iowa has better/more resources to work with, especially in terms of $$$'s but those jobs from a situational standpoint are going to even out with the move.

WVU will finally have a national TV deal, and not relegated to making peanuts that the Big East pays their programs.

Holgerson also gets to use his connections from Houston and OSU to recruit Texas kids to WVU and play multiple games in Texas/Oklahoma each season.

Last edited:
Has everyone forgotten that once legal issues are resolved, WVU is Big 12 bound? To the best of my knowledge Iowa has better/more resources to work with, especially in terms of $$$'s but those jobs from a situational standpoint are going to even out with the move.

WVU will finally have a national TV deal, and not relegated to making peanuts that the Big East pays their programs.

Holgerson also gets to use his connections from Houston and OSU to recruit Texas kids to WVU and play multiple games in Texas/Oklahoma each season.

Yeah, that dude isn't going anywhere for a long, long time. If he does leave WVU, it'll be for a job in the upper tier.

Dana would not have the benefit of all that team speed at iowa that he has become accustomed to at WVU.

The next round of conference realignment could leave West Virginia in an even worse position than being the weird Eastern Mountainous cousin of the Big 12. If Texas and Oklahoma finally ditch the Big 12, WVU is in an even weaker league than they were before. They win the BCS games because they get there by getting a tiebreaker over Louisville and Cincinnati.

If the University of Iowa starts stockpiling Red Bull now, we can have an entire warehouse filled with vintage Red Bull by the time Ferentz retires in ten years.

West Virginia has won 3 BCS bow games in the last 5 years.

How F'n stupid are some of you idiots?
So what? Holgersen could probably make a lot more money at Iowa in comparison to WVU. I've got news for you, sometimes coaches make decisions based on their pocketbook, you effin idiot.

West Virginia has won 3 BCS bow games in the last 5 years.

How F'n stupid are some of you idiots?

It's actually 3 in the last 7 years, 'tard. And it's real tough getting to those bowls from the STACKED Big L'East. Granted they have won all of those BCS games, but to say that Iowa is a step down in prestige level from WV is incorrect, IMO. I don't think there's any way that Holgorsen ends up at Iowa, but I mainly posted in this thread to point out just how big a dick-headed ******-bag you are. You're just an absolute miserable POS and I wish you'd stay away because you're a HUGE Debbie downer.

The Big 12 is hanging by a thread and you believe a move from West Virginia is lateral. West Virginia is moving to a conference where it has no allies and Texas as its lord and master. It would mean leaving that mess for stability, resources and tradition of the B1G. I would hardly call that a lateral move.

Could we hire Oliver Luck as AD along with Dana Holgerson as HC? We could change the lyrics of Country Roads so they are about living in a place with mostly flat and medium sized hills. Compared to Morgantown, West Liberty is a big city. There is not nearly as much danger of burning couches in Iowa City as well.

It's actually 3 in the last 7 years, 'tard. And it's real tough getting to those bowls from the STACKED Big L'East. Granted they have won all of those BCS games, but to say that Iowa is a step down in prestige level from WV is incorrect, IMO. I don't think there's any way that Holgorsen ends up at Iowa, but I mainly posted in this thread to point out just how big a dick-headed ******-bag you are. You're just an absolute miserable POS and I wish you'd stay away because you're a HUGE Debbie downer.

I will continue to post more, just to p*ss you off.

Of all the ignorant douch*bags I have ever encountered on the Internet, you absolutely take the cake.

Congratulations on that.

I will continue to post more, just to p*ss you off.Of all the ignorant douch*bags I have ever encountered on the Internet, you absolutely take the cake.Congratulations on that.

You are soooo ******* delirious.

Latest posts