Hopefully more of this happens.......

I know of many nurses in IA and elsewhere that lost their jobs for refusing to get vaccinated. These were intelligent nurses with advanced nursing degrees who understood the science way better than I. Our family did get the initial 2 vaccinations, but never saw the need for the rest.

The 2nd one caused a reaction in my wife's lymph nodes that with an MRI, they thought was a tumor. By the time the biopsy came around the swelling was gone and they couldn't find any mass. True story.

Last edited:
Obviously the government can't force you to get a shot, but the question of whether a health care provider can mandate that their employees get a shot is a more interesting question.

I don't believe it's wrong to require a nurse to get the Covid shot as a condition of employment. The nurse can refuse, but then that means the nurse can't work for that company.

Also Hawkboys I am sorry for what happened to wife. That sounds awful. I have had issues myself with routine medical tests that ended up causing more problems than they prevented. It sucks, I will admit.