Hope Ferentz reads this . . .

Talking smack? That was just a well written article questioning what a lot of us have thought. It's too bad the bootkissers at the Register and the Gazette can't do the same thing.

Talking smack? That was just a well written article questioning what a lot of us have thought. It's too bad the bootkissers at the Register and the Gazette can't do the same thing.

Whether we like or not right now, Ferentz is our guy. And Ferentz is a Hawkeye.

Unless you want a Nebraska flag planted in your front yard, you should still be rooting for Ferentz to figure it out and shove it up that big ol' blond headed Husker's overalls.

We don't want to lose Ferentz. We just want Norm to retire and Darrell Wilson to go work for Iowa State.

Whether we like or not right now, Ferentz is our guy. And Ferentz is a Hawkeye.

Unless you want a Nebraska flag planted in your front yard, you should still be rooting for Ferentz to figure it out and shove it up that big ol' blond headed Husker's overalls.

We don't want to lose Ferentz. We just want Norm to retire and Darrell Wilson to go work for Iowa State.

Where in my post above did I say Kirk needed to be ran out of town? I just want people to start asking him the tough questions instead of tiptoeing around the issues.

When Hlas and Morehouse stop worrying about media credentials and actually start asking Kirk hard questions at the press conference on Tuesdays then I will retract my statement. I wasn't the biggest fan of Howe and the timing of his DJK story right after the ISU game but at least he had the balls to ask Kirk a tough question.

Lincoln is just a sexier place than Iowa City to recruit to...right? Like Manhattan, Kansas or Ames, Iowa? NOBODY wants to come to Iowa City to play in the Big Ten. That's what I'm told over and over and over......

Nebraska begins to talk smack. Is Ferentz up to it?

Sports - Omaha.com
That is not "Nebraska" talking smack, that is a sports writer for a regional newspaper asking what this board has been asking, and for the most part doing it in a nicer way than people on this board. Bo Pelini didnt say this, Rex Burkhead didnt say this, its the media. Is cooter ray smack talk from Iowa. Is that bulletin board material?

When Hlas and Morehouse stop worrying about media credentials and actually start asking Kirk hard questions at the press conference on Tuesdays then I will retract my statement. I wasn't the biggest fan of Howe and the timing of his DJK story right after the ISU game but at least he had the balls to ask Kirk a tough question.

Iowa Football is Fort Knox as it is, burning that bridge wouldn't be the smartest business decision, esp with the decline of print media. I think they are hard enough on the program when it is warranted... enough to not be labeled "boot kissers".

Lincoln is just a sexier place than Iowa City to recruit to...right? Like Manhattan, Kansas or Ames, Iowa? NOBODY wants to come to Iowa City to play in the Big Ten. That's what I'm told over and over and over......

Yeah. Iowa City is SUCH an undesirable place for a young virile male. I guess if you got to play in the B1G on national TV every week it might be a better draw. Wait...what's that you say?

Give me a break, Ferentz. Yeah, it snows, so what.

Hey...would you rather go to school in IC or freakin' Norman, Oklahoma? Yeah. Me neither.

Exactly, the fact that Osborne could win national titles in Lincoln, Nebraska shows that the thought that we can not do that at Iowa because it's Iowa is complete ********. People aren't even asking for that anyway, they just don't want to lose to teams that we should be beating by 40 or 50 points.

That is not "Nebraska" talking smack, that is a sports writer for a regional newspaper asking what this board has been asking, and for the most part doing it in a nicer way than people on this board. Bo Pelini didnt say this, Rex Burkhead didnt say this, its the media. Is cooter ray smack talk from Iowa. Is that bulletin board material?

It's a kick square in the nuts to Ferentz. That's what it is. It's talking sh*t about Ferentz.

So I am using deductive reasoning, you see. Ferentz is a Hawkeye. I consider myself a Hawkeye. A burgeoning rival talks sh*t about one of my own. I don't like it. I don't like Nebraska. They're mean spirited a$$holes who really would like to urinate down our backs.

I'm far from a Ferentz apologist but I'm not ready to show him the door.

Sorry, but our journalists, Gazette, Press Citizen, Dolph, web site moderators don't have the balls to write something like this. They want to stay in KF's good graces. You might as well call them the Washington Press Corp. At least Howe is starting to wake up to reality. Most of the others will just write articles trying to defend our poor records by correlating it to recruiting class rankings (never mind the amount of future NFL talent on the rosters).

Iowa Football is Fort Knox as it is, burning that bridge wouldn't be the smartest business decision, esp with the decline of print media. I think they are hard enough on the program when it is warranted... enough to not be labeled "boot kissers".

In this is the heart of the issue. Journalist are supposed to ask the hard questions, not worry about friendships and people's feelings. I agree that they do sometimes write stuff that puts Iowa in a bad light and yes, in that respect it may keep them from being 100% bootkissers. But the fact that all the media in the state is afraid of getting on Kirk's bad side is frustrating. Kirk has two bosses, Barta, and the fans and donors that pump money into his program. Barta gets to have one on one sessions with Kirk everyday, we don't. The media is the closest thing we fans have as a voice.

It's a kick square in the nuts to Ferentz. That's what it is. It's talking sh*t about Ferentz.

So I am using deductive reasoning, you see. Ferentz is a Hawkeye. I consider myself a Hawkeye. A burgeoning rival talks sh*t about one of my own. I don't like it. I don't like Nebraska. They're mean spirited a$$holes who really would like to urinate down our backs.

I'm far from a Ferentz apologist but I'm not ready to show him the door.
Maybe he needs a kick in the nuts.