Hope and change

1hawkeye1

For the life of me I can't figure out why KF is so adamant that JVB remain in the game. Ruddock can't even get a sniff. Why not???????????????

There is no valid explanation as to why Rudock didn't get the first collegiate snaps of his life tonight.

Maybe it's because the backups aren't any better. The QBs on roster were all brought in to run KOK's offense so not sure it's going to improve much. I won't count out the kid Davis brought in for next season from Texas to play QB next season. One of the keys for this offense to work is to get a QB to run Davis' style of offense. Maybe we discounted how much different it really is. Perhaps what we are seeing right now is just conservative from what Davis really wants because of the learning curve.

Its not just seeing if he is better. Its giving him some experience because he may be forced to play someday. Can Kirk not remember 2009? WTF.

I absolutely thought we would see Ruddock in the fourth quarter. Why not get him some valuable game-time snaps? It's not like Ruddock could have done much worse. Why not put him in there and see what he can do? Don't understand Kirk's philosophy on that one. Also, if JVB is your starter for the rest of the year, why risk getting him injured in a run-away game? Heck, look at Weisman ... most of the coaches probably did not even remember his name prior to the season and look what he has done when placed into action.

This game was frustrating on so many points. After 7 games we should not still be "working out the kinks" with this offense. Don't mean to toss JVB under the bus but the guy just looks rushed in this offense. He is aiming his throws to much and throwing bullets that usually are in front of or behind the receiver. This is when I get frustrated with Kirk -- his mentality of being slow to adapt to change. If Ruddock is the starter next year, why not toss him in there and see what he can do?

For the life of me I can't figure out why KF is so adamant that JVB remain in the game. Ruddock can't even get a sniff. Why not???????????????

Hmmmm, interesting. You know, I thought it briefly during the game, but never told anyone. I thought they would think I'm crazy.

It's comforting to know I'm not alone!

Remember everyone that this is the same coach who had Brad Banks sitting on the bench while Kyle McCann was struggling for wins. Though a 7-5 record like the 2001 squad sounds great at this point.

Latest posts