Honey Badger Hawkeye

HawkForce

Kirk needs to jump on this...anyone else I would say no...but he's the HONEY BADGER!!! Come on!!

No way he sits out a year. I see an FCS team in his future, and then declaring for the NFL.
I have a feeling this is what he should do. If not he might be listening to one of the 30 messeges Kiffin has left on his vm already.

Credit goes to Blair Sanderson over on HawkeyeReport for this:

"NCAA rules state that a player must be eligible at the school he is transferring from in order to be play at his new school. Therefore, this would prohibit Mathieu from playing the 2012 season at any level of NCAA competition. If this turns out to be the reason for Mathieu's dismissal, then the junior's likeliest landing spots are NAIA schools, but HBCU schools and even junior colleges have been mentioned. LSU head coach Les Miles did not disclose the reasoning for Mathieu's dismissal, instead calling it "fundamental behavior."

If NAIA/HBCU/JC are his best options, I would guess he sits out the year. His NFL draft prospects are already high, and getting injured playing NAIA would be terrible.

dang, i was hoping that if Iowa got him then mushburger would call all our games just so hey can use the term "honey badger" every 3 words.

He got dismissed from an SEC team so I'm guessing he won't play at any other D1 school. That conference usually doesn't let rules get in the way of football.

Not gonna happen. Putting a kid like that in Iowa City would be like give and alcoholic open bar.

e0ede_funny-pictures-poor-misunderstood-honey-badger1.jpg

Credit goes to Blair Sanderson over on HawkeyeReport for this:

"NCAA rules state that a player must be eligible at the school he is transferring from in order to be play at his new school. Therefore, this would prohibit Mathieu from playing the 2012 season at any level of NCAA competition. If this turns out to be the reason for Mathieu's dismissal, then the junior's likeliest landing spots are NAIA schools, but HBCU schools and even junior colleges have been mentioned. LSU head coach Les Miles did not disclose the reasoning for Mathieu's dismissal, instead calling it "fundamental behavior."

HFM, please enlighten me. What is a HBCU school?

don't say "honey badger" ever again. its the gheyest f'n nickname I've ever heard and musberger just made it worse when he said it at least 100 times in the national title game. he was just looking for reasons to say it as mathieu had zero impact on the game.

Latest posts