Honestly, Do We Really Know or Think We Know ..

jameskalina

.. what the final record will be for this Iowa team?

There are 4 (edit: 5) possibilities and any one of them could happen, although I wager most of us are thinking more like 1 and 3 or 0 and 4.

Judging from the Minnesota loss and the improbable comeback against Pitt this team is about as unpredictable as the weather, and I'm thinking the weather is more predictable than this team.

I have no idea if Iowa will win or lose at home against Michigan this weekend, as the next weekend against Michigan State as against Purdue the following weekend. I don't have a good feeling against Nebraska in Lincoln but stranger things have happened.

As I posted last week if Iowa doesn't beat Minnesota it could be a long rest of the season. But stranger things have happened in college football.

Come end of the season we will know the final record and we will be better able to assess the direction of this Iowa football program. That said, I'm hoping for the better but I fear the worse.

Last edited:
Yeah..it's been one of those years. The 1 thing that IS certain is that we play a lot better at home than we do on the road. So with that in mind we can hope for 1 of the next 2 at home and hope for a victory at Purdue. Nebraska is looking very tough...tougher than it did at the beginning of the season. Maybe they will overlook us.

IA will beat Michigan State and Purdue. 7 win season and an Alamo bowl win. That is a pretty good end to a season.

It's pretty obvious that while this team might be capable of beating UM or MSU, they will certainly not beat them both and will surely lose at Nebraska. That leaves a toss-up game with an equally talented Purdue team on the road, and Iowa has just been HORRIBLE away from home for over a year now.

Best case is 7-5, which would be extremely disappointing with Iowa's cupcake schedule this year.

6-6 and Detroit would be a horrific embarrassment for the program, and 5-7 is just as likely and probably more reasonable than 7-5 at this point.

At this point nothing will surprise me. I just want to see improvement in the team, and hope they get bowl eligible for those extra practices.

if you are going to say 4 is possible you could say so is 6 different possibilities counting a bowl game.

IA will beat Michigan State and Purdue. 7 win season and an Alamo bowl win. That is a pretty good end to a season.

Big Ten isn't affiliated with the Alamo Bowl anymore. I believe it's the Pac 12 and Big 12 now. So you lose. :)

I see one possible win left for us this year. Michigan State.

There are a lot more than 4 possibilities.

I'm talking about the regular season.

But, you're right. 0-4, 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, 4-0. That makes 5 possibilities in November.

There's a greater number than 5 from the combinations of wins and losses in November that should make a difference where Iowa goes in the post season.

Latest posts