honest ogelsby question...

Incorrect. Adding bulk will alter your range of motion, it's simple physics. With more bulk in your arms, moving your arms to the same spot is pretty much impossible. You have to adjust shoulder joint movements, adjust release points, adjust hand positions... all of which are critical to shooting. His mechanics are different this year because his body is different this year.

Come on man, you make it sound like he went from a twig to a body builder. How much bulk can you safely gain before you have to change your hand position?

He doesn't look like he's over 200lbs to me. Even if he is, that isn't his problem.

Last edited:
Well, you think being stronger is a good thing so you add bulk. The problem is that extra bulk takes more out of you going up and down the court. Extra bulk limits your range of motion. By not being able to do what your could before the extra bulk, it gets into your head.

So you are seriously still trying to say that Basabes weight gain made him lackadaisical and uninterested last season? BS. It was just Frans cover story. An excuse he used to give Mel an out as to why he wasn't playing well.

If anything the added weight could be hurting his endurance, which could affect his shot. But in this case I think it's all in his head at this point. It happens to sometimes. He just needs to keep shooting.

Oglesby is a bad game shooter b/c his feet are never set the same way on any shot. So he relies to much on his arms to shoot the ball. Good shooters always have their feet set in a similiar way.

He is rushing his shot. Just square up...before you release. You other guys are way over thinking this.

Bingo, twinlaker. It might have something to do with all of the rub screens he goes through (seems like 1/2 dozen per possession) and he's just moving too fast by the time he shoots. If he could just take a deep breath (figurative) to set his feet and square up; he'd be okay.

I would like to see him take more 2 point shots. You come in off the bench with the coach telling you to shoot, so you feel pressure to launch immediately. When the first and second shots don't fall, you start to press. Seeing the ball go through the basket is a big psychological boost, so while frustrating to see the misses, he needs more shots to get over the mental hump. If he is incapable of delivering at 40 percent clip, then someone should take his minutes next season.

^ good thought as last year he would often catch on the wing and as his defender rushed at him he would drive into toward the lane and get off a 12-15 footer and he had that shot down very well.

I dont see him doing that hardly at all this year but instead it is like 3 ball or nothing.

Latest posts